Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gross kitchen

Gross kitchen

What is the most disgusting place you have ever been asked to work in. I had one the other day. A call for a reach in cooler 6 drawer. I opened it up and took drawers out. There had to be 3 inches of old rotten food in the bottom . The smell was absolutely overwhelming. I refused to continue work until they had bleached the inside and scrubbed. This layer of filth had not been cleaned and years and now cooler down for a few days. A couple weeks ago I found a Chinese restaurant with cook cutting meat and pounding on floor. I opened cooler that was down and at least 200 cockroaches ran out I got it running by replacing dinex controller. U went to check condenser section and moved chest freezer away and the floor came alive. I have never seen so many cockroaches. It was a warranty call and u got the hell out ASAP

Chinese restaurants are the filthiest places on earth.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Chicken joint's are pretty bad also.

That's the worst when you see the rodents come out of the equitment.. I bring over the owner and show him how filthy his place is., some get really mad for pointing it out but others appreciate it and start yelling at the cooks to start cleaning.. Then the cooks see me as an enemy. Lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    ya forgot "dat too much...you give me discount " after your done...

I've been in a lot of residences that were the same story with roaches and the "wall moves" when you move the fridge.

Glad I work where I work now in that respect.

Cantina's and grease come to mind!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

An old drive-in burger stand in the south side of Dallas asked the service manager if he knew anyone that could work on meat slicers, so he volunteered me 'cause I had worked maintenance at Arby's for a couple years while I was in school. Got there and noticed a bad smell immediately...convinced myself it wasn't the slicer. Started taking it apart and the guy says "hey, I didn't know you could do that!" Well...all that meat below the slicer table was alive with maggots. I cleaned it up took it completely apart, filled a #10 can full of meat and maggots, bleached the hell outa everything, cleaned the stones, sharpened the blade, and trained the owner on how to do it himself. Needless to say, I never ate there again!

see it all the time..... it almost makes a guy get sick.... its sickening at times
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    we had one in town get busted by the health dept. for rats hanging in the walkin. they did not last long after that. we now have a new one there.

Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    we had one in town get busted by the health dept. for rats hanging in the walkin. they did not last long after that. we now have a new one there.
    Now, the next question is, did the rats just happen to die in there, or where they keeping them and planning on cooking them?

I've been in some pretty nasty Chinese food joints. I've also been in some pretty nasty big name national restaurants. Pretty much every one I've been to has roaches. Some infestations, some better controlled. Still gross

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by carmon View Post
    see it all the time..... it almost makes a guy get sick.... its sickening at times
    The ignorance of the restaurant and cookstaff is what's really sickening. I was working on an ice machine at a chicken restaurant after some torrential rains. The plumbing was backed up and there was standing water around the floor drains as well as feces floating around the parking lot. The chicken is thawed in the wic inside those plastic bus bins. I watched a cook carry a bin full of chicken out of the cooler, trip and dump the chicken into the standing water on the floor around the drain. Without skipping a beat, he picked up the chicken, rinsed it in the sink and put it in the machine that mixes the breading and spices on the chicken. I never took a free meal from there again.
    Same chain, different franchise owner who never authorizes OT. WIC goes out and they had just received a truckload of chicken earlier in the day. Compressor is dead and 1 condenser motor bad and it's 3:30. Freezer is located inside the cooler. Manager says they will keep the door propped open on the freezer, and for me to change the compressor in the morning. When I returned in the morning the cooler was 80* and had that distinctive bad chicken smell. Of course she blamed the closing manager and asked if I thought the chicken would be ok to cook. I responded "It's not my call and I wouldn't recommend it" They were frying chicken before i left.

It's a shame too 'cause I love that chicken from.....

Iv'e been doing this long enough that nothing suprises me, and much of it is actually entertaining.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast