Trying to decide on a package unit heat pump for a double wide mobile home. Installer is familiar with tempstar but not rheem. I'm leaning toward the rheem. Installer is more comfortable with the tempstar because of familiarity with it. Since it will be a package unit,I'm guessing a pretty straight forward install with either unit.
    I'm assuming that there would be no major problems with the installer putting in the rheem even though he has no experience with that unit. Is that something to be concerned about?
    Are there any preferences between the two or other brands that might be better suited for a mobile home?
    Thanks
    JP

Make sure its rated for mobile/modular home use.
    never say never

It's been said over and over in here...... any brand of equipment these days is only as good as the contractor installing it. If the contractor you're talking to isn't comfortable with Rheem, you might seriously consider looking for one that installs them on a regular basis.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.