+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what kind of bed mattress do you sleep on?

Post Likes
    I recently spent 4 nights in a hotel that had sleep number beds. I didn't much care for it. In fact, one night I ended up sleeping in the chair. Maybe there are different levels of quality in the sleep number line and the hotel bought the cheapest? I bought a Serta something or other and added a 3" memory foam topper. Does well for me and the missus.
    Wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.

In your darkest hour, when the demons come, call on me brother and we shall fight them together.

A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Post Likes
    I bought a memory foam bed a couple years ago, it was about a grand. Can't say it's any better than the pillow top I had, I'm still sore all the time.

Post Likes
    water bed for years, then sleep number, now a sealy posturpedic, love this mattress!

Post Likes
    Tempurpedic for me. I've had it over ten years and love it.

Post Likes
    Tempur, comfortable bed I have ever purchased and it's good to sleep

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by viceman View Post
    don't worry. after a couple of years you get used to not sleeping
    it's been on and off like this for a few years. it's starting to make me not want to work. i can't do that. too many people rely on me and i find myself pushing cleanings and bids off.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    it's been on and off like this for a few years. it's starting to make me not want to work. i can't do that. too many people rely on me and i find myself pushing cleanings and bids off.
    A guy told me once to sleep on a sheet of osb for back pain, I never tried it but a sheet of 3/4 is cheaper than a bed lol.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    A guy told me once to sleep on a sheet of osb for back pain, I never tried it but a sheet of 3/4 is cheaper than a bed lol.
    i have heard this too and tried it. no go. my wife had to get me a pain pill before i could get off the floor lol. i guess it depends on the injury.

Post Likes
    i have heard this too and tried it. no go. my wife had to get me a pain pill before i could get off the floor lol. i guess it depends on the injury.
    Ya I'm guessing since you mentioned surgery it's bad. My grandpa has more hardware in his back then lowes, 25 years ago he had a car fall off a hoist and mess him up and there is nothing that works for him.

Post Likes
    Ya I'm guessing since you mentioned surgery it's bad. My grandpa has more hardware in his back then lowes, 25 years ago he had a car fall off a hoist and mess him up and there is nothing that works for him.
    wow, he is most likely worse off than me. i am considering another surgery. i think at this point, it can't get much worse. did not want a fusion but it's my only option.

Post Likes
    wow, he is most likely worse off than me. i am considering another surgery. i think at this point, it can't get much worse. did not want a fusion but it's my only option.
    He's fused up too, I think that was what helped him the most.

Post Likes
    I've been sleeping on the same water bed since 1974, not the same mattress. I fill it up past the liner and I've never had it leak. The other thing I like is sleeping on a cool bed in the summer and a nice toasty bed in the winter. They are kinda hard to find these days and I can't fathom why they became unpopular.

Post Likes
    For 20 years I slept on a soft side, king size, pillow top, waveless waterbed and I absolutely loved. When I got divorced almost 7 years ago I bought a Sterns and Foster queen set and it's not bad but it was expensive at well over 2K. The drawback to the S&F is it's extremely thick (tall). The mattress is almost 20" thick and the box springs are like 15" and so the bed sets way off the floor. This may be a dis-advantage for some, especially shorter people.

I've slept on the sleep number and helped some friends set one up when they moved. For what it is, basically an inflatable plastic bag, I think it's wildly overpriced.

The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Post Likes
    It's weird but l like my kids POS twin bed, of rather sleep in that then my memory foam.

Post Likes
    It's weird but l like my kids POS twin bed, of rather sleep in that then my memory foam.
    Wow! Bet that gets crowded.

Post Likes
    I also have seen the "sleep number" type knock-offs on eBay and wondered if they were any good. At less than $300 they could be a great alternative. Has anyone been daring enough to try one?

As you can tell, I haven't been daring.

Post Likes
    I got som fancy, very expensive, pillow top deal and friggen hate it. I am looking too but cannot decide where to drop the next couple of thousand bucks. Was thinking temper pedic, but not sure. Any Icomfort with that cool jel folks out ther?

Post Likes
    When we can all agree on something maybe we should see about a large volume discount.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectionist View Post
    When we can all agree on something maybe we should see about a large volume discount.
    Maybe a slumber party at Dad's house.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Post Likes
    Strange that this topic should come up. My wife and I bought the sealy postutepedic when we first married and I thought it was great. 6 years later I'm not feeling so rested anymore, waking up with stiff and sore back. We have been talking about a new bed, but haven't shopped around yet. Sounds like the sleep number gets the votes. Will check it out...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in