+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what kind of bed mattress do you sleep on?

Post Likes

what kind of bed mattress do you sleep on?

i have been mattress shopping for about 9 months now and am just totaly confused. i really liked the sleep number. i will most likely buy it, but before i drop the 5g's i want to be sure. and as i am posting this an infomercial for one called the octaspring. anyone used this prouct? i need to bite this bullet soon, i can't stand my sleep pattern. my back is so bad after sergury and my current mattress is not helping things. do you guy's sleep well? i sleep 1-2 hours at a time. and the last month i have only been sleeping 3-5 hours per night. i need to get this done.

Post Likes
    Sleep Number.

I'm not a Sugar Pill person (first off). My wife was after me about a Sleep Number bed. "Wahhhh... I don't know". Somehow she weaseled me into it. For about 2 years my hands will go numb (aka asleep) at night. I think the first "number" I choose was 55? Kinda firm. Dicking with my side I dropped it down to 30. Whoooooo... Almost puts you in a reclining positing. (Cause your butt sinks.) Watching TV went to sleep and left it at 30. Woke up and turned the TV off. The next morning I realized my hands didn't go to sleep. I thought I had a circulation problem but what I have is a pinched nerve in my back. On a firm bed evidently causes something in my back to put pressure on the nerve. with the Sleep Number bed very soft (30) it doesn't happen. It's an expensive bed but I like it.

Last year I saw a bedding truck show up at my neighbors house. About three days later they were back again. A bout a week later, back again. Caught him out side one day and "Hey Fred, What you doing? Playing Musical Beds?" He tells me the Long Mattress Story and I told him about the Sleep Number bed. He says they told him to sleep on the last one for 30 days and if he wasn't 100% happy they take it back. After him going back and forth with the mattress company for 2 months, he went to the Mall and got a Sleep Number bed.
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

Post Likes

We're on the same page considering our quality of sleep, waking up feeling well
    rested. I seem to be comfortable with about 6 hours +/- and I enjoy waking up around
    4:30 am.
    I've slept on waterbeds for the majority of my life. Two years ago I removed the wb
    and tried various conventional mattresses/boxsprings ... most everything to get
    a better comfort while sleeping, primarily trying to resolve shoulder hip and knee
    discomfort.
    This past December the local big box store had air beds on close out. I purchased
    a queen sized air bed (cost half a tank of gas) and was pleasantly surprised. I'm still
    using it until I re-up the water bed one more time. I can use the air bed for travel
    or something, it's cheap to keep .
    If I'd known I was gonna live this long I'd taken better care of myself. lol
    Do not attempt vast projects with
    half vast experience and ideas.

Post Likes
    We've had a Sleep Number bed for almost 20 years. We bought it based on my parents' advice. Our version is the less expensive one that does not have numbers. We both like it. We occasionally change the settings a bit but that's one of the things we like about it. I used to have my side so soft that the bed spread dipped in the middle. Now I like it a little more firmer but I made is softer a few days ago for a change.
    BTW, this bed replaced a king-size water bed. There was no re-arranging of furniture with that beast.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Home&Marine View Post
    Sleep Number.
    Dicking with my side I dropped it down to 30
    I prefer to use my fingers. It just seems more sanitary.

Post Likes
    water bed for the last 25 years or so. sleep like a baby and i don't wake up stiff and hurting like i do on a regular mattress.
    when i go away on vacation i can't wait to get home to my bed.

Post Likes
    double post got me.........

Post Likes
    My wife wanted a new bed.....After going to many places....The one I liked and where we just bought 3 beds from is the Original Mattress Factory.

The sales guy had every other manufacturers bed in there cut open and one of theirs.

I wish I could have a showroom where I could have my installs showcased with others!

High quality, locally manufactured and not 10 people on commission trying to sell me a $2k bed.
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

"Decidedly Superior in a twisted pathetic way".....

Post Likes
    We have a tempur-pedic with the ergo base and it's nice. The incline head and feet feature is awesome for a back that's had a hard day.

Post Likes
    Sleep number here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    I comfort something or another. Less than a year old and very comfortable.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Tempur pedic, i travel some for work and even at the spendy hotels my back hurts and cant wait to get home.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    water bed for the last 25 years or so. sleep like a baby and i don't wake up stiff and hurting like i do on a regular mattress.
    when i go away on vacation i can't wait to get home to my bed.
    i got rid of my wb 3 years ago. i loved it, but thought it was hindering my back. not the case. i miss it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    I comfort something or another. Less than a year old and very comfortable.

is this similar to the sleep number? we saw one in a camper at an rv show today and can't remember the name. it sounds kinda like icomfort

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    is this similar to the sleep number? we saw one in a camper at an rv show today and can't remember the name. it sounds kinda like icomfort
    No. It's memory foam with gel in it. Similar to tempurpedic

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    No. It's memory foam with gel in it. Similar to tempurpedic

i tried the memory foam. didn't seem to help.

Post Likes
    Memory Foam, Like it. I was using an aero bed it actually worked better, but they are no tolerant to long term everynight use.
    Saddle Up!

Post Likes
    Serta perfect sleeper here.
    It is the most expensive bed I have ever owned @ $1200, and the least comfortable bed I have ever purchased!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    Serta perfect sleeper here.
    It is the most expensive bed I have ever owned @ $1200, and the least comfortable bed I have ever purchased!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    that's what scares me. i don't want to drop 5 g's and not like it or it does not help. i found another one like sleep number but they don't have a store to try it out. i have to bite the bullet soon, i am 2 days with almost no sleep again.

Post Likes
    don't worry. after a couple of years you get used to not sleeping
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

We have freedom because somebody fought for it.
    We keep it because we are willing to fight for it.
    We lose it because we are not willing to fight for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in