Angry Remington model 522 "Viper"

I got ripped!!!!!
    I should have know it was to good to be true
    I went to the gun show and saw a rife for sale for $75.00
    it was name brand and had a little cheap scope on it.
    the dealer threw in a sock to cover it so I ask whats the catch? Why so cheap?
    He says, "I lost the magizine but you can get those anywhere."
    I ask around the show and no one has one that makes me skeptical but no alarm yet.
    I get home and jump online only to find that a cheap magizine is 50 BUCKS!!!
    So I got a rife and no way to shoot it
    To make matters worse cash sale no recipt no nothing
    I guess I got to spend the 50 but I think I could have got the thing new for about 25 bucks more

Moral of the story
    DONT BUY GUNS AT THE GUN SHOW
    I remember my first day,It was fun!

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=123258351
    This one will pay shipping, but has a reserve.

It looks like you'll pay close to 50 bucks with shipping. It could be worse. I spend that on guns before work in the morning! You will be into an ok 22 for $125, not good, not bad.
    Jason

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=122970559
    This one costs a little more, but comes with all the extra parts!
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by bja105 View Post
    http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=122970559
    This one costs a little more, but comes with all the extra parts!
    I don't know what would be worse...buying a gun at a gun show (that most likely is used and abused) or buying one at an auction online without even seeing it?

I think gun shows have some problems.
    The last one I went to so many dealers are advertising about the law, gun rights and all that stuff which is fine but next door to them a guy is selling books on how to loose your identity, bomb making, home made mortars and other stuff. All kinds of ways to kill people.

Makes me wonder if there is a character issue.
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    I think gun shows have some problems.
    The last one I went to so many dealers are advertising about the law, gun rights and all that stuff which is fine but next door to them a guy is selling books on how to loose your identity, bomb making, home made mortars and other stuff. All kinds of ways to kill people.

Makes me wonder if there is a character issue.
    Thats why I quit going to gun shows for a long time
    they have become all about the carnival stuff (food,T shirts,trinkets) and not about the latest and greatest.
    Everytime I go I get suckered into something I later regret Donate this ,sign up for that, Heres a petition and donate to our cause.
    Then when you do find something that looks like it could be fun like a viper 22 rifle the guy rips you off.
    I would have better luck buying gun at the pawn shop
    I remember my first day,It was fun!

I have a remington viper 522 and have been trying to find another one. If your wanting to sell it let me know

Go to Rimfire Central dot com and see what you can find there. Sorry you feel you got ripped but you gotta do your homework before you open your wallet especially in todays market with people charging double or triple for magazines.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

At least it was only a $50 dollar lesson could have been worse. I've seen people buy guns that didn't even fire or were horribly inaccurate.

Guns are like tools(well, they are tools), do lots of research and only buy used if all parts are there, it looks in excellent condition and you get to test it. Typically if buying used, stick locally from someone you either know treats them well or someone you know vouched for them.

Gun shows on our side of the border are no better. Knives, snacks, magazines and antiques (mostly non-gun type). Used junk costs more than identical new items. I don't even bother. We have plenty of good online retailers (they also have brick&mortar stores, just our area has slim pickings) with reasonable shipping rates and it's easy to do price-comparison.

I bought a marlin 925 with a decent scope for $100 without the magazine. The problem was not the cost of the magazine but finding it. Luckily i found it at a hole in the wall place that had two of them. Glad I found the magazines bc that gun is extremely accurate. Can hit crackers off the fence line at a 100 hundred yards.