+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: old school boss

Post Likes

old school boss

We just finished new install i was getting ready to pull a vac boss says dont worry about that its a new lineset .so i do what im told guess he wanted me off the clock.

Post Likes
    As you know, that's not a good thing

Post Likes
    It may have saved him money now but he is going to lose a lot of money on a warranty repair....

Post Likes
    you can't teach an old dog new tricks. unfortunately it is his customers who will pay for his ignorance/laziness/stupidity.

Post Likes
    Noncondensables

Post Likes
    Should we do an over/under on compressor day of death?

Post Likes
    you may serve yourself well by starting to seek other employment than with this clown.

that or keep a notebook with what is right and what is wrong.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    you may serve yourself well by starting to seek other employment than with this clown.

that or keep a notebook with what is right and what is wrong.
    Not a bad idea considering every customer you do this to will think you don't know what you're doing. Your reputation is important if you want to stay in the business.

Post Likes
    Maybe he didn't want you to strain your back pulling stuff?

Post Likes
    Don't worry about scale its a nitrogen precharged lineset.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Not a bad idea considering every customer you do this to will think you don't know what you're doing. Your reputation is important if you want to stay in the business.
    Good advice from Ryan. If you do good work, your customers wil follow YOU.
    I've had folks that have me working on their stuff for the past 10 years. They won't call anyone else.

Post Likes
    I'd say Yes Boss......

I would also then go in on Monday Morning a little early
    bring the boss a cup of coffee and ask for a few minutes with him.

I would then tell him I love working for him but I would like to present my side
    of why i feel it would be necessary to pull a vacuum and install a Liquid Line Filter Drier
    on each and every install or repair involving opening up any a/c or refrigeration system.

I would present my case in a calm and pleasant conversational manner and then I would leave it up to him as to
    weather we should do this all the time or not.

If not.....Well I would be polishing up my resume for April or May and perhaps looking for
    other pastures

Post Likes
    I would start looking for a new company to work for. While many guys have short cuts for doing things, that . . . Isn't acceptable in my book. Last guy I worked for was a hack who got mad at the majority of his employees who just happen to be hacks. He would get mad at them being. . . Hacks. Lotta hacking going on lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    It may have saved him money now but he is going to lose a lot of money on a warranty repair....
    i have 2 buddies both work for big nation wide companies mainly residential. he tells me they dont even carry vacuum pumps, on new installs they dont pull vacuums because it creates future work. in a couple of years when the compressor fails yes its under warranty but not the labor! its messed up for the home owner who gets shafted i dont agree with the companies policy. here you come flush the lines and purge then pull good vacuum and the unit last for 10 years no leaks or comp replacement in a way you shafted yourself. honestly if its a random customer they are going to think my unit last 7 plus years problem free because its a new unit not because john went the extra mile to do all the extra's.

Post Likes
    I don't think it'll last that long. I would guess 2-4 weeks....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nchvac guy View Post
    We just finished new install i was getting ready to pull a vac boss says dont worry about that its a new lineset .so i do what im told guess he wanted me off the clock.
    It may be your bosses company, it may be your bosses decision to make, but it's YOUR face that the customer will FOREVER associate with that work.

Bail, dude. Bail now.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Post Likes
    Duhhhhhhh How does it have to do with and "old school boss"? I have more problems with new companies with all ages of tech not setting up systems correctly these days.

In my day, before your were born probably, we had real men vacuum pumps- not these sissy fish tank pumps of today. They were so big and so heavy that a lot of times we had to put the apprentice on the hood to keep the front wheels on the ground when a few of us loaded the thing in the back.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Duhhhhhhh How does it have to do with and "old school boss"? I have more problems with new companies with all ages of tech not setting up systems correctly these days.

In my day, before your were born probably, we had real men vacuum pumps- not these sissy fish tank pumps of today. They were so big and so heavy that a lot of times we had to put the apprentice on the hood to keep the front wheels on the ground when a few of us loaded the thing in the back.
    haha. I like your posts Delta. Maybe you should have kept the horses harnessed to the wagon.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ncboston View Post
    haha. I like your posts Delta. Maybe you should have kept the horses harnessed to the wagon.
    That was before our Model T service truck. Why, our biggest problem pulling a vacuum ( and here is where the "pulling a vacuum" term came from) was sucking out and pulling the TXV through the coil and down the suction line and hearing the vacuum pump chew it up and spit it out.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    I had an old boss tell me to "just purge a little gas through" after opening up the liquid line to inspect the orifice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in