Thread: Need help

Hybrid View

Need help

Have three Lennox systems. A main level piggy back systems with a heat pump in basement and one on an upper level. I have had multiple problems with the upper system. First the coolent seems to continually be leaking out. The company that put it in has constantly come out to refill it. They eventually said it was a something at the condenser fan like a valve or something then after a couple of more times replaced the condenser pump and the coils in the attic. Everything seemed fine but just like before three months later the unit has run out again. This house is a year and a half old and has top of line Lennox systems. I do not know if it is the company that is he licensed Lennox installer here or it is that Lennox is just crap. My guess is I have a leak in the line between the fan outside and the unit in the attic. Unfortunately, that means it is somewhere in the line somewhere in my walls. Can someone give me some guidance on how to proceed to get this finally fixed.

Thread relocated to AOP

So just to make sure I am reading your post right to they change out the outdoor unit and the coil? If so how long did charging the system up before the they replaced last. A week, month, 2 months?

While this company sounds to be a gas and go company if they keep charging the system up. How many times did they do this before the told you that coil and outside condenser needed to change? What you needed and still need is a leak search on the system to see where leak or leaks are.

If they did change the coil and condenser then the only other logically place for the refrigerant leak to be is the line set. Still without a leak search they are guessing. Please post back what all they have changed and what they are saying is leaking with the line set. How did the company determine this Is now where the leak is?

You might want to get another company out to review the system and offer a solution for the problems you are having. If nothing else to ensure that that is where you leak is. There are several ways to chech and determine where a leak or leaks are.