+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: service tech or systems tech?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tridiumtech View Post
    prtadko -

Yeah - I did ask myself that I'm replying to threads 2-3yrs. old. However it's in the database and if someone does a search the material could be helpful.

I'm a new member - I'm learning, so I'm sending direct reply via the member's email. Why do I have pdfs? - Back in 1997 - Staefa & Landis & Gyr did a corp. merger. Most of the folks in the Staefa San Diego HQ office was let go (with good severance). Yours truly went to support the China operations. At the Hong Office I was ask to train the Chinese techs on programming. I was not a trainer per say - just a programmer/installer tech. But I had a job to do - had to put together a training manual - found out early that illustrations teach a lot (learned to use Photoshop). Also found that a lot of techs aren't given enough classroom training. So I make my own personal programming guides.

I do AX Programming. If you would like my Niagara Workbench Guide, I'd be happy to pass it on - been working on it for 5yrs. From AX classes (Tridium, MOV) + Niagara Guide + experience. The 156pg PDF file is password protected (based on the person's name). Don't see an email in your profile.
    I would appreciate a copy. Email in profile.....thanks.

Post Likes
    I'd like a copy also of your GUIDE as well. My email is also in my profile. Thanks.
    "It's not that I'm so smart, I just spend more time with problems." Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    I would greatly appreciate a copy of your AX guide too.Thanks in advance!

Post Likes
    If it's still available I would like a copy as well.

TIA

Post Likes
    I would greatly appreciate a copy of that manual as well. Thanks!!
    Nobody knows it ALL. That's why we share.

Post Likes
    I'd be interested in seeing your manual as well.

Email in profile. Thanks.

Post Likes
    If you don't mind I would like to see the manual also. My email is in my profile thank you.

Post Likes
    Hence the problem your pdf's. soon virtually the whole forum will want you to send it to them. The topic itself is now dead. Has the question been answered? Who cares, it has become an online request line for your document. Most of the people who want it dont need it. They are simply being nosey and want to inspect/judge your work. The exact same thing happens when someone sends someone else a software tool. Straight away all the magpies start to send in their requests.
    Time for me to un - subscribe from this thread.
    At least now you have learnt a lesson.

Post Likes
    Look's like we have a new PDF ENFORCER on the site

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Control Man View Post
    Look's like we have a new PDF ENFORCER on the site
    Hahahaha not at all. It just gets well annoying when you are auto subscribed to a thread and what was once an interesting topic turns into "can you send me that". Message after message and my phone pings everytime to tell me that someone else wants the document.
    I dont really care what people want to send to each other.
    I am a BMS engineer to and I have my fair share of "borrowed" pdf's and software tools dont worry about that. BMS guys seemingly the world over are magpies when it comes to this sort of stuff. Now this poor bloke is going to send his thing (I aint requested it - nor viewed it) to loads of people. What if he was going to sell it? I dont know - thats his problem.
    Enjoy your bit of bathroom reading.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by prtadko View Post
    Hahahaha not at all. It just gets well annoying when you are auto subscribed to a thread and what was once an interesting topic turns into "can you send me that". Message after message and my phone pings everytime to tell me that someone else wants the document.
    My solution to that is to tell my phone to NOT ring for such things.

My phone rings to inform me of IMPORTANT messages. Which is precisely 2 email addresses, None of which the company for whom I work knows, and the other only CLOSE family and friends know. All else is sent to another email address. Which will NOT ring my phone. I have to actually check to see if messages have newly arrived from that one.

Of course, one could simply unsubscribe from the thread if it becomes too bothersome.

Not *****ing at yah, just saying ... you've gotta be smarter than your phone or computer. I never let anything, machine or computer to interrupt me for minor stuff. Well, they'll get away with it once or twice, after that I've either changed the programming of a device; or if human ... having some very short words with the person (if it's a minor issue and during working hours).

<Shrug> Just one of my quirks. Being a controls tech, I'll be DARN if I will let a MACHINE (or piece of software) unduly interrupt my day.
    A site where I stash some stuff that might be interesting to some folks.
    http://cid-0554c074ec47c396.office.l...e.aspx/.Public

Post Likes
    Id like a copy of that tridium quide as well! Email in profile!

thanks!

Post Likes
    I would be grateful for a copy of your guide. Thanks in advance.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoox800 View Post
    Id like a copy of that tridium quide as well! Email in profile!

thanks!
    Ditto.
    Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tridiumtech View Post
    Yeah - I'm sure some of it seems routine to the "pros". But I sure see a lot of voices in HVAC-Talk crying for help. Just sharing my control knowledge before I get 'back in the saddle'. See Stooges attachment.
    Not trying to offend, but some of us try to read all the posts and have a set time frame to do so. So if someone is calling for help, by all means help. Calls for help from early 2013...well the OP could be dead by now. Certainly the issues at hand is long gone.....at least I would hope so.

Many of us have read these threads several times when they got originally posted. Bringing one, two back, fine. Bringing 5-10 back a day, well your hogging my time rehashing stuff that was beat down along time ago.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Did all these resurrected old posts and pdf attachments cause this site's Server Overload today?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in