Thread: BoAir

Post Likes

BoAir

I use 1" disposable air filters and change them regularly rated MERV 8. They work okay and are delivered at home. All good but the $$ is slightly bugging me. I looked around and asked around and few suggested Boair 1" 5-Stage Filter. I was wondering if it's worth it since it's lifetime and I intend to wash it out monthly. Location: NJ.
    I can not change my duct-work to accommodate anything more than 1" in return. Let's not go down that route, please. I know that 2", 4", 5" are better. Also, I do not have space to install a dedicated media cleaner, HEPA cleaner, etc., etc. I have already done what's necessary to ensure air being pulled is from return only and there are no air gaps, etc.... (did a duct/blower pressure test and everything was satisfactory).
    My primary concerns are (a) Protection of the furnace (b) Air flow restrictions (c) House is reasonably protected. I go with disposable or BoAir, it'll take care of (a) and (c). So, effectively my boiling point question: Would BoAir cause MORE air restrictions than the disposables?

Post Likes
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/archive/ind.../t-471902.html

MERV 8 is MORE Than adequate.
    Use 5" that is fitted for 1" filter housing.

Vacuum a few times. It will last > 10 months.

http://www.filterhut.com/20x20-Honey...-of-2_p_8.html
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Post Likes
    Claims initial PD of .1" at 1200 CFM, so about the same as any other electrostatic air filter. Has a lifetime warranty, so you have little to lose by trying one.

Post Likes
    Electrostatic air filter REQUIRES one to be QUITE DISCIPLINED in performing Regular cleaning.!..!!

DON'T EVEN Start, unless You are that person.
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Post Likes
    is this going in a grille, or in the ductwork/furnace?
    if in the grille, is there room behind the grille for a 4" or 5" filter that fits in the grille?
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...

Find a HVAC-Talk Contractor by clicking here

Click below to BECOME a pro member
    https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdispl...ip-Information

Do you go to a boat repairman with a sinking boat, and tell him to put in a bigger motor when he tells you to fix the holes?

I am yourmrfixit

Post Likes
    Ductwork/Furnace. Not grill. Also, I am not considering grill-based at all. In ductwork/furnace: Hardly any space left or right, top or bottom.
    Answer ro 2nd. question: I am pretty regular. For the disposables ; I have been very diligent till date!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in