Thread: New to Site

New to Site

Hello all my name is Ben Krieg. I have yet to begin a career in Hvac but would absolutely love to, I plan to start school this year but would love some recommendations from the "experts" as to the best course of action for me. I'm 26 yrs old and blamed not getting into HVAC early on my kids. It was my fault but thats why I have to start. I have read through most of the forums and posts, which gets me excited about getting into HVAC. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio, and don't know where to start. I have a vocational school lined up for HVAC certification. But a lot of the threads and post i see talk about getting into a Apprenticeship/Journeyman program. So whats best?

Thanks for Having me and I hope to get the Information I need to Start a career where I will be happy vs. what I'm doing now just to make ends meet.

welcome aboard, you are going to want some type of structured learning to get the fundamentals.

don't fall into the trap that you are going to start at the top of the heap-noone does.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

That helps quite a bit. And Starting at the top leaves a longer way to fall. So working my way up is more self rewarding in my eyes. Plus it helps me show my kids that with patients comes great rewards.