Should I get 2stage stat

I installed a Goodman GMVC95 natural gas furnace and a Honeywell RTH7400 thermostat. When I fired the furnace up, the blower didn't seem to be blowing at full capacity and th house was heating very slowly. The furnance was set for a two stage thermostat so I switched the dip switch for single stage stat and the blower seems to be going better now. So, it would seem the Honeywell is a single stage thermostat. I can't find anything in the documentation or on the package that says either way.

Would I benefit from replacing the thermostat with a two stage thermostat and resetting the furnace?

Greg

might want to consult your tech support, appears you installed it yourself. did you purchase these off the internet?

1st ? and your asking a ? that a qualified installer should/would be able to resolve.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

That is absolutely no help. The furnace was installed by a highly trained professional, but I put in the much of the duct work and installed the thermostat to save money. This is an older home which never had forced air installed, so i also cut holes and installed register boots. It was permitted and inspected. I also ran the gas line and electrical. Getting the furnace installed and hung under the house was too big a job for me to do by myself. That is the only reason I didn't do the whole thing myself. I live in a very rural part of the country and I think many of us out here are more self reliant than city folks.

Anyone else?

Greg.

We're not allowed to give DIY advise. A 2 stage stat is not necessary but can be beneficial for comfort and fuel consumption with a 2 stage furnace.

Thank you.

Greg

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 01-13-2013 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

thepresence, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary or ask questions of the OP here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Your post has been deleted.
    Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

i would put a honeywell vision pro 8000 on it ans wire it and set it up for 2 stage heat
    We really need change now

In case anyone else Googles the model number for thy thermostat, I contacted Honeywell support. It is a two stage thermostat, but the confusion came because during set up there was not an option for two stage heat only. They had two stage heat and cool, but no two stage natural gas heat only. I was told to chose two stage heat and one stage cool, and ...

From the manufacturer
    You will need a W2 wire for a second stage of heat. The first stage of heat will be the W or W1 wire, and the W2 will be your second stage wire. The wiring you listed is for single stage heating and*cooling. For a two stage heat only systems, the only wires you need are R, W1, and W2. You may also have a G. The Y wire is for cooling, and is not required for your system type.

Greg