+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Retro of a mixing box I've never seen before...

Post Likes

Retro of a mixing box I've never seen before...

I was wondering if any of you gents have done a successful retrofit of a mixing box made by Buensod. I have found a few retro kits for the boxes but they are basically just gutting the box, like this one from price.

My thought on it is to just remove the mixing damper inside the box and just put dampers on the inlet of the hot/cold ducts coming in to the box and be done with it. They are getting VFD's for the associated AHU's controlling to static also. Engineering is not wanting to get a mechanical company involved just to put these dampers in either, but I just don't see any other practical way of doing this.

Anyways, I have some pictures of what the inside of the boxes look like. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  33.9 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  31.2 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  30.5 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  30.9 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  33.5 KB
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    I've have one account with those boxes. The larger ones were converted to DDC by gutting and fitting control dampers on the outside of the box. The small console units (damper type of first pic) were left pneumatic as the ducts came up through a concrete floor.
    Last edited by DaveCR; 01-13-2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typo
    UA LU 562

Post Likes
    Might want to take a look at Belimo's linear actuators. You may be able to link them up very similar to the pneumatic actuator that is driving the mess now.

I think they offer them in 4" & 8" stroke. Can in handy a few times for us.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Might want to take a look at Belimo's linear actuators. You may be able to link them up very similar to the pneumatic actuator that is driving the mess now.

X2
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post

That is what the start up tech is going to take out Monday and see if he can make it work. He has the 8" stroke type but he's thinking there will not be enough room to either mount it or get into it with a drill and such. Thanks for the input so far guys.
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Hi, we have over 350 of these in one of our buildings. We used Johnson VMA controllers, the N2 type, and left the pneumatics in place. We were able to control both the mixing of the hot and cold decks and the variable air volume very successfully.

If you need information on it let me know.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in