Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 17

Thread: Fluke CNX3000

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central NJ Area
    Posts
    779

    Fluke CNX3000

    I believe that this meter does not do microamps to check flame sensor. Is it possible to use mA or mV to check flame sensors? I really like the fact it possible to have all those modules to check voltage, amps and other readings to be displayed on the multimeter.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    6,914
    I'm afraid not. It only goes down to .01 milliamp.

    It would have to show .0001 milliamp to show the tenths of a microamp needed to measure flame rectification.

    That's one thing about Fluke, they always leave something out, can't seem to make a true all in one meter. Looks like a nice system otherwise.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I believe that this meter does not do microamps to check flame sensor. Is it possible to use mA or mV to check flame sensors?
    Could use a Fieldpiece AUA2 with the Fluke meter.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Santa Cruz
    Posts
    4
    Or you could use your AUA2 with a iDVM lte to wirelessly measure and log micro amps from a distance.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,123
    Honestly I'd like to see the difference between the two systems.
    When I see the reading in the video jumping around I'm not sure if its a issue with meter accuracy, accessory head accuracy or a combination of both. Since both units record to a graph what does all that bouncing around look like?

    From what I've seen so far I'd have to say the Fluke system looks like a lot more bang for the buck.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,123
    Is Redfish done? Their store says out of stock on iDVM and iDVM lte. Is there something more substantial cooking with Fieldpiece?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Santa Cruz
    Posts
    4

    Robbie Redfish says, "I'm not dead yet!"

    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Is Redfish done? Their store says out of stock on iDVM and iDVM lte. Is there something more substantial cooking with Fieldpiece?
    Sadly, our cooperation with Fieldpiece did not yield the intended results. We have several more iDVM lte units left, but when we were unable to convince Fieldpiece to take the product on as a Fieldpiece product, we withdrew our effort to sell it to the HVAC/R market. We remain convinced that enabling the Fieldpiece accessory units to work at a distance and log for days is a great (and not very expensive) enhancement to the accessory heads. We maintain a friendly relationship with Fieldpiece and hope that when time permits they may reconsider their position.

    We are really excited about our new product - True RMS Multimeter. This will be a fully CATIII 600V electrician grade meter with integrated Bluetooth to allow logging via our iOS & Android apps. I've attached a rendering if you're interested. Also, if you like Robbie Redfish and hope that he doesn't float to the top of the tank, look for our KickStarter offer next week to buy one of the early meters.

    Thanks,

    Robbie
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Redfish View Post
    Sadly, our cooperation with Fieldpiece did not yield the intended results. We have several more iDVM lte units left, but when we were unable to convince Fieldpiece to take the product on as a Fieldpiece product, we withdrew our effort to sell it to the HVAC/R market. We remain convinced that enabling the Fieldpiece accessory units to work at a distance and log for days is a great (and not very expensive) enhancement to the accessory heads. We maintain a friendly relationship with Fieldpiece and hope that when time permits they may reconsider their position.

    We are really excited about our new product - True RMS Multimeter. This will be a fully CATIII 600V electrician grade meter with integrated Bluetooth to allow logging via our iOS & Android apps. I've attached a rendering if you're interested. Also, if you like Robbie Redfish and hope that he doesn't float to the top of the tank, look for our KickStarter offer next week to buy one of the early meters.

    Thanks,

    Robbie
    Bluetooth?
    Anything different than Bluetooth meters already offered by Extech or Agilent besides obvious App differences? Wifi was the one thing that was different with iDVM and leading wireless distance.
    Any thoughts on ZigBee?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Santa Cruz
    Posts
    4
    Our Bluethooth implementation utilizes the new Bluetooth LE in dual mode (for older devices). Bluetooth LE provides substantially improved measurement at a distance as compared with the previous Bluetooth 2.0. So, fear not, we have not left our distance measurement customer out of the picture. Furthermore, we utilize our patent pending methodology for control of the meter - not just display. This allows wireless calibration, measurement from a safe distance, and other features that those other guys can't do. Oh yeah, how about a price for a 4.5 digit true RMS Multimeter for less than $200.00 with this connectivity. I think the new Extech (they call it FLIR) is ~400.00 clams.

    -Robbie Redfish

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,123
    Can you bump it to 1000 Volts AC and like I always say don't underestimate the HVACR Market. I'm assuming with Bluetooth you will be able to view multiple meters at one time on the app. Add some small stand alone wireless thermistor temperature sensors to your line to use with the app. We need to view and data log temps in this field!!! and most manufactures haven't caught on to the simple fact this field is all about multiple temps. The Fluke system is very close to being a great sustem IMO. With your wireless range and posibilites with your app could make something like CNX great. Don't be surprised if you can't sell an electricians/electronics meter to a HVACR guy. You might want to start a wishlist thread of your own and find out what guys in this field really want on a meter if you want to sell to them. FWIW I see more HVACR guys with meters than electricians LOL

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Santa Cruz
    Posts
    4
    Thanks, itsiceman. I think I'll do just that. Does this site permit market surveys like that?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,123
    Allowed? It should be encouraged IMO

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Savannah, Ga/H.H. Island, S.C.
    Posts
    1,276
    Robbie Redfish,

    I've checked Kickstarter and don't see your project. Is it up yet? If so , do you have a link? This sounds like something I would like to support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event