BlackMax Black & Chrome series

Anyone using these?
    Was thinking about putting the AK's on the H5 (three port, heard the four port were leaking).
    These gauges look awesome!
    Getting sick of the emperial quick charge leaking. Replaced the charging valve twice already....

Name:  blackmax.jpg
Views: 1372
Size:  17.1 KB
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

I have a set of the 3 ports. I have no complaints yet, I got them for a great price so that makes it even better. One other guy at my shop has them and he has no problems with them either. They aren't anything too special, but they include charts for 404a, 134a, 22 and 410a. The hoses that come stock are all black so I put colored wire ties on the end to differentiate. The spiderweb thing that fits over the heads doesn't hold up as well as the rest of the set but I haven't had any issues. They are pretty unique looking and I am glad I invested in them.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Actually that set doesn't seem to have all the temp conversions, but I still recommend them. And if you are putting digitals on them anyway it wont matter.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

I needed a set of inexpensive gauges for a throwdown pair so I bought the 3 port. My only complaint is the covers will come off of the gauges, they don't screw on. Decent setup for what I paid.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

wait until your hands are oiley & you try opening or closing
    those chrome handels & looks take a back seat.
    i bought a set when they came out & ended up giving them to
    an apprentice in less than a week.

I have a set o the original black maxs, as of right now they are a 100 dollar paerweight. I use the jb m2 manifold for my 1250's. I absolutely love them. So light, large bore, and the handles are great for slippery hands.
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

I put my digital 1600 on these, looks pretty cool.
    The chrome handles are very comfortable, I keep a hand towel in my pocket for the oil.
    New tech's can't believe I do not get mixed up with the hoses.
    I like the center port for my vacuum gauge.
    luck dan

hey daniel, whats your thoughts on the 1600's? Getting tired of waiting on the the ak 900's. And the price tag for the 1600's looks really good!

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

I have a pair of the 4 valve and have no problem with them. The price is good too

I have the twin valve cps blackmax and twin valve cps vortex, not the chrome versions just the standards, the blackmax bug me as the valves take for ever to open and close unlike the vortex, the vortex also has better flow.

Wow
    Old Thread.
    I actually took the guages off and use them as my stubby's for refer work. My favorite set of stubs I've ever had

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

A Einstein