Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Glues for paper wood and kit cars. Braze is for refrigeration, solder possibly in an emergency situation.

He, He, SFhvacguy I have done a few installs near SF some in Richmond and Oakland, Red Wood etc but they were all furnace only no evap or condensor. No sweating in the bay, too cold I like that. Never done anything in SF due to you can't even swing a hammer w/o the union collecting fees. I was told you have to have the teamsters deliver your units, electric union run your power and carpenters and plumbing unions build your platform and do your drain/gas damn.

Awesome post Ben, thanks!

Phil, now those wall mounted pads make more sense to me...
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

you have to get an permit just for the p-trap lol. SF is a super union city, luckily for me I'm in a non-union highrise downtown doing the stationery engineering nowadays. Was in a union com/ind. HVAC provider, I actually got followed across the bay bridge to Oakland, guy from a different company. Demanded to see my union credentials for whatever reason, I didn't have the million stickers on my truck. Had a "polite" conversation and went on my way. NOT trying to flame on unions, just personally have had..experiences.. went to a PM, reported black widows in all the York RTUs covering the control board area, in the duct-work. Came back, still there after the exterminator.. my union steward said, "well, do your best . Got bit three times in the leg, off work for a week and had an infected vein to the lymph nodes in my leg.. went back to work, "welllll coulda' happened anywhere" says my shop and union.. no pay. Off my soap box! lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234