Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 29
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,059
    If you have stage 7 brain cancer or a serious illness requiring serious painkillers you are going to have a doctor that you are under care of and not be going to the emergency room for your pain killers.

    Thats what bloomberg is going after...... the emergency rooms of hospitals where people go in with all sorts of "ailments" and pretty much demand pain killers.....

    I have a toothache....give me pain killers.....

    My leg hurts....give me pain killers......

    And there are plenty of doctors out there who will write a prescription for this goofinol without even batting an eye...... just to get someone out of their face.

    Somebody needs to do something about drug abuse in america.......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,389
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    If you have stage 7 brain cancer or a serious illness requiring serious painkillers you are going to have a doctor that you are under care of and not be going to the emergency room for your pain killers.

    Thats what bloomberg is going after...... the emergency rooms of hospitals where people go in with all sorts of "ailments" and pretty much demand pain killers.....

    I have a toothache....give me pain killers.....

    My leg hurts....give me pain killers......

    And there are plenty of doctors out there who will write a prescription for this goofinol without even batting an eye...... just to get someone out of their face.

    Somebody needs to do something about drug abuse in america.......
    Ok Corny, I am still with you. Basically a drug-beggar, understood.

    If you half the prescription they will be back in the emergency room twice as often begging for more. Are you still with me now?

    That would seriously suck for someone fifth in line with a broken leg.

    Half the prescriptions, double the beggar back-log. And waiting time in emergency.


    .................................................. .................................................. ..............

    Thanks guys for educating me about the drug beggars, I had never heard of that before today.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,059
    Well, your drug beggars are going to be back..... but the mom or dad or person who cuts their finger badly and needs stitches and needs a couple of tylenol 3s for that night and the next day.....maybe...... dont need a prescription for 20...... or the person with a toothache who gets some painkillers till the doc can pull the tooth....

    There are a lot of people in this country hooked on that junk because the doc gave them 20 pills when they should have given them 5 and these folks kept on taking them or took them later and realized what they can do for you......

    We need to prevent these folks from getting hooked on that crap in the first place.

    Ive seen people addicted to that codeine cough syrup..... the non prescription stuff you gotta sign for....... people will get that stuff and take it and after a few days of that magic elixer they just want more........ sickness is gone but the desire for that cough syrup lingers.....

    Pretty soon they are making the rounds to all the area pharmacys.....and even going out of town when they have reached the limits locally.....

    Its crazy....... but it happens a lot.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,389
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Well, your drug beggars are going to be back..... but the mom or dad or person who cuts their finger badly and needs stitches and needs a couple of tylenol 3s for that night and the next day.....maybe...... dont need a prescription for 20...... or the person with a toothache who gets some painkillers till the doc can pull the tooth....

    There are a lot of people in this country hooked on that junk because the doc gave them 20 pills when they should have given them 5 and these folks kept on taking them or took them later and realized what they can do for you......

    We need to prevent these folks from getting hooked on that crap in the first place.

    Ive seen people addicted to that codeine cough syrup..... the non prescription stuff you gotta sign for....... people will get that stuff and take it and after a few days of that magic elixer they just want more........ sickness is gone but the desire for that cough syrup lingers.....

    Pretty soon they are making the rounds to all the area pharmacys.....and even going out of town when they have reached the limits locally.....

    Its crazy....... but it happens a lot.
    I understand corny, but does a city mayor have to step in and solve the problem by dictating prescription limits?!?!?!?!? That is doctor stuff, not political stuff. I am not even sure that is legal. Of course, doctors over prescribing should be sued out of their silk fancy-pants. Maybe the feds need to intervene,... but a city mayor?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    4,750
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    There are a lot of people in this country hooked on that junk because the doc gave them 20 pills when they should have given them 5 and these folks kept on taking them or took them later and realized what they can do for you......

    .
    I call BS. They're getting addicted after taking repeated refils, not 20 pills. Bloomberg is back to treating symptoms again, like usual. Corny, How come you're not advocating killing all the druggies like you've done in the past? That approach would certainly take care of the problem. Maybe, we can run the county hospitals like the old west. Give the patient a shot of whiskey, take out their gall bladder and send them on their way.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,389
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I call BS. They're getting addicted after taking repeated refils, not 20 pills. Bloomberg is back to treating symptoms again, like usual. Corny, How come you're not advocating killing all the druggies like you've done in the past? That approach would certainly take care of the problem. Maybe, we can run the county hospitals like the old west. Give the patient a shot of whiskey, take out their gall bladder and send them on their way.
    Agreed. I want the old corny back. He would have chopped out their livers and ate them. New corney may be sick. Or he is just getting old and soft in the head,... cannot remember what day it is,... meticulously organizing jars of screws and nails in the garage...
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,059
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I call BS. They're getting addicted after taking repeated refils, not 20 pills. Bloomberg is back to treating symptoms again, like usual. Corny, How come you're not advocating killing all the druggies like you've done in the past? That approach would certainly take care of the problem. Maybe, we can run the county hospitals like the old west. Give the patient a shot of whiskey, take out their gall bladder and send them on their way.
    I still think that drug addicts should be killed.......

    Damn people are just good for nothing.... But I dont want to see more and more people hooked....

    And it doesnt take long prescriptions to get you hooked..... it takes one time..... your body tells you that those pills make you feel good and after that you desire more.....

    Bloomy is also trying to limit the amount of drugs out there just floating around.... dentist gives you a script for 20.... you take 4-5.....rest go in the medicine cabinet.......relative or "friend" steals them.......

    I see nothing wrong with a mayor trying to get a grip on drug problems.... city goverments control alcohol and all sorts of other things in their cities.... this is no different....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  8. #21
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,403
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    If you have stage 7 brain cancer or a serious illness requiring serious painkillers you are going to have a doctor that you are under care of and not be going to the emergency room for your pain killers.

    Thats what bloomberg is going after...... the emergency rooms of hospitals where people go in with all sorts of "ailments" and pretty much demand pain killers.....

    I have a toothache....give me pain killers.....

    My leg hurts....give me pain killers......

    And there are plenty of doctors out there who will write a prescription for this goofinol without even batting an eye...... just to get someone out of their face.

    Somebody needs to do something about drug abuse in america.......

    Holy crap, that is the funnest thing I have read yet.

    How's that war on drugs working out for you, damn that is some funny stuff, good one.

    You want to curb drug abuse in America, let's form a task force, a paramilitary organization. We'll call it the Drug Enforcement Administration or DEA, they can deal with the millions of dollars of ............naaa, never mind, it wont work. Forget I said anything
    LOVE has four letters

    So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    4,750
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    And it doesnt take long prescriptions to get you hooked..... it takes one time..... your body tells you that those pills make you feel good and after that you desire more.....
    and the druggies going to the government run methadone clinics will continue on as planned.


    Let the local hospital deal with the problem. A patient visits the ER with pain from whatever it may be. Doc gives them let's say 3 days worth of pain killers and requires them to follow up with the family doctor. If they don't have a family doc, the hospital gives the patient a refferal. If they don't follow up, tough s#it. It's pretty obvious who the pill addicts are. They act no differently than other addicts. they just smell a little better.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    http://politicker.com/2013/01/bloomb...triction-plan/

    Basically, he dictates city hospital pain-killer prescriptions be cut in half. I am not sure that is even legal. I would think liability for 'pain and suffering' may be in order. The same nutball who wanted to reduce soda-pop sizes. He will get all the soda and pain-killers he wants, I promise that.

    Give them an inch, they will take a mile.

    At some point we are going to have to stand up to these whackos and slap them down. I understand most of you ARP guys are right-wing and agree with me. But we cannot do it alone. We need to bring in the undecideds or even some lefties to our cause. We simply do not have the numbers to do it alone. Nuts like bloomberg are paving a route.

    Another article:

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/11...ntcmp=HPBucket

    Short summary is that many poor Obamanuts are peed off because Obama has taxed the poor to fix everything. They had understood that he was going to tax the rich to fix everything. Disappointing for them. Sad faces, AWwww. They would be more sad if they had the intellectual capacity to reason that Obama is not going to fix everything in any case, he is actually making things worse.

    Somehow or another, we need to get new blood from the center or left, for a political win, to stop the insanity from the far left nazis.

    I remind you it is a two party system we have. I don't like it, just is.

    Hey really good post Tool Slinger - at least the first half...

    I'm one of those moderates or lefties - it depends on the issue. But I'm furious with what their doing with these gun bans. I'm about ready to join the NRA.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,389
    Quote Originally Posted by breeze101 View Post
    Hey really good post Tool Slinger - at least the first half...

    I'm one of those moderates or lefties - it depends on the issue. But I'm furious with what their doing with these gun bans. I'm about ready to join the NRA.
    I welcome any moderate or lefty to the cause on a given issue. And the other righties should do so also.

    I think that is how our political system is supposed to work. Let's all agree where we can and move on it by joining NRA or writing hate-mail to congress and such. Then bash each other with ridicule where we cannot agree. It is the American Way.

    I will proudly stand shoulder to shoulder with any 'politically moderate' patriot.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,522
    We (America) seem to be going through a phase where we are SOOOO passive.. Govt is taking advantage any place they think they can get away with it.

    Seems the Americans need to grow a set and push back... history shows us this is the only thing which stops the creeping unconstitutional control of our lives.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,352
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    We (America) seem to be going through a phase where we are SOOOO passive.. Govt is taking advantage any place they think they can get away with it.

    Seems the Americans need to grow a set and push back... history shows us this is the only thing which stops the creeping unconstitutional control of our lives.
    Tomorrow we end the creeping, and enter into the stomping phase.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event