Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bloomberg Unhinged

http://politicker.com/2013/01/bloomb...triction-plan/

Basically, he dictates city hospital pain-killer prescriptions be cut in half. I am not sure that is even legal. I would think liability for 'pain and suffering' may be in order. The same nutball who wanted to reduce soda-pop sizes. He will get all the soda and pain-killers he wants, I promise that.

Give them an inch, they will take a mile.

At some point we are going to have to stand up to these whackos and slap them down. I understand most of you ARP guys are right-wing and agree with me. But we cannot do it alone. We need to bring in the undecideds or even some lefties to our cause. We simply do not have the numbers to do it alone. Nuts like bloomberg are paving a route.

Another article:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/11...ntcmp=HPBucket

Short summary is that many poor Obamanuts are peed off because Obama has taxed the poor to fix everything. They had understood that he was going to tax the rich to fix everything. Disappointing for them. Sad faces, AWwww. They would be more sad if they had the intellectual capacity to reason that Obama is not going to fix everything in any case, he is actually making things worse.

Somehow or another, we need to get new blood from the center or left, for a political win, to stop the insanity from the far left nazis.

I remind you it is a two party system we have. I don't like it, just is.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

We cant blame the cartels for this one,, It's those Pill farms in the Ponce Deleon state. Or any state that lets those Doctors have a legal Drug Den with a Pen.. It's a major problem here,, Im sure once they cRack down our Dark economy will find a use for Afghanistan Real purpose is because those Pill poppers without a good Dealer go to emergency room faking Pain (wasting resources). Eventually they will find a Poppy H dealer than emergency rooms will be filled with OD patients and I heard they dont complain that much.
    Those pills r legal Dope. Hey NY been exporting evils for decades only fair we import. Im seeing the 80's all again Just with a better marketing stratedgy
    Customer is alWays opposite of Left

Quote Originally Posted by zartangreen View Post
    We cant blame the cartels for this one,, It's those Pill farms in the Ponce Deleon state. Or any state that lets those Doctors have a legal Drug Den with a Pen.. It's a major problem here,, Im sure once they cRack down our Dark economy will find a use for Afghanistan Real purpose is because those Pill poppers without a good Dealer go to emergency room faking Pain (wasting resources). Eventually they will find a Poppy H dealer than emergency rooms will be filled with OD patients and I heard they dont complain that much.
    Those pills r legal Dope. Hey NY been exporting evils for decades only fair we import. Im seeing the 80's all again Just with a better marketing stratedgy
    In the case of drug addicts... will they not simply be in the emergency room twice as often?

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

When a patient presents to a licensed physician the doctor is required to see the patient or else he can be sued for abandonment, which is bad. Now, if the doctor fails to treat a druggy who happens to have a legitimate pain issue, (they do get migraines, injuries, etc.) then he can be sued for medical malpractice and the state can revoke his medical license. With the medical laws, I don't see how he can get away with this but I'm sure they've researched it and found loopholes.

Hmmm...

I remember a thread recently asking the question of why we need all the meds we (well not me) take...

After we get over the issue of govt intruding into places they should not... I am not so sure I dis-agree with weaning the public off meds.
    Yes, there are folks who NEED some meds... however IMO the majority of meds are not really NEEDED... they are prescribed by a system that believes a pill is magic... to a public that wants a magic pill.

I used to see a ladyfriend who worked in a pharmacy... you would be amazed at the amount of meds going out the door...

In the second link Tool posted in the OP... an exert:

“As a newly-graduated person, someone coming straight out of college, I don’t like the idea of having less money coming to me due to the selfish interests of people in Congress who don’t have any interest in reducing our financial problems,” Hoffman told FoxNews.com. “This is an impediment for future economic growth. It’s going to make it harder for young people like myself to get married, find a better job, you name it.”

IMO this is what will change bad govt; voters who have decided govt is NOT the answer... IMO what we need to do is expose the truth about big govt... then let folks make up their own minds. They will see... and they will make the right decision (take responsibility for their lives AWAY from govt)... if they are shown the facts without bias and without old style anger and hate for liberals.

Us Conservatives who understand the truth about big govt... need to take a more positive attitude towards educating (with respect) the folks who do not understand.
    OTOH; The ones who either want a free ride... or think it sport to pick on conservatives... well IMO they need to EXPERIENCE the consequences of their choices.

GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I can not see how a politician can override a physician (Certainly does not happen in Canada) but I also agree that there is too much prescription drugs flushing through our systems and ending up in our water streams. But the pharmaceutical industry is big bucks. Doubt they would allow others to limit their profits even to the point of allowing marijuana to be used for pain relief.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Professor Guhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh

Name:  professor guhhhhhhhhh.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  10.1 KB
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

when is the nutbag going to stop running everyone elses lives. This is the same nutbag that told Hospitals to put Formula in the back room to force more poor women to breast feed.

We should seriously change this guy name to Mayor God.
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

“As a newly-graduated person, someone coming straight out of college, I don’t like the idea of having less money coming to me due to the selfish interests of people in Congress who don’t have any interest in reducing our financial problems,” Hoffman told FoxNews.com. “This is an impediment for future economic growth. It’s going to make it harder for young people like myself to get married, find a better job, you name it.”

IMO this is what will change bad govt; voters who have decided govt is NOT the answer... IMO what we need to do is expose the truth about big govt... then let folks make up their own minds. They will see... and they will make the right decision (take responsibility for their lives AWAY from govt)... if they are shown the facts without bias and without old style anger and hate for liberals.

I am happy you fully understood my poorly articulated point GA.

The libs are getting their own asses bit by Obama and company too, we told them this would happen. They didn't listen. We may have an opportunity to have a 'teachable moment' for the nation. {using Obama's words}

Obama has a reputation of helping the 'little guy', rescuing the the poor from the evil rich bast@rds,... Conceptually, sort of a ROBIN HOOD, but intellectually a clear marxists.

Obama is killing our poor people. Trying to keep a roof overhead and fill the gas tank is just hard. Understood, and the job market is really tough. Obama is responsible for this. Plus, the wanker has policies that have devalued the dollar so poor people's money will not buy the same as it used to.

In all of this time, Obama has plowed billions and billions of of other people's dollars into corporations that have either not needed it or did not deserve it or both. Obama has been foolishly throwing our money around, someone has to pay. Obama is not going to pay. We all pay. The poor get to pay also, Good.

I want everyone to be as wealthy as they can be, I am conservative. Liberals want everyone to be equally poor.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    when is the nutbag going to stop running everyone elses lives. This is the same nutbag that told Hospitals to put Formula in the back room to force more poor women to breast feed.

We should seriously change this guy name to Mayor God.
    I really do not understand the concept of mayors making medical decisions by mandate. I guess we can all get used to that idea with Obamacare.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I really do not understand the concept of mayors making medical decisions by mandate. I guess we can all get used to that idea with Obamacare.
    absolutely, first it was soft drinks, then it was baby formula, and now painkillers.

It has been proven many times that people in less pain (however the accomplish that) heal quicker.

according to loonberg, "a little suffering is good" well mikey, someday your going to be in the hospital, in severe pain, I hope your doctors oblige you.
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

You people do realize that he is doing this because of the prescription pain killer epidemic that has hit america dont you ???

He is not going to deny prescriptions..... he is just going to shorten the amount of time and amount of pills they are good for so that people who might need a couple of tylenol 3s for a toothache dont continue to eat the other 15 after the tooth pain is gone and they realize how good those pills make them feel.

"The number of emergency room visits in New York related to painkillers almost tripled in 2010 from 2004 to 143 visits for every 100,000 people, the city said. The use of painkillers without a medical need in the U.S. increased 75 percent in 2010 from 2002, the Archives of Internal Medicine reported. More than 15,500 people overdosed on the pills and died in 2009, more than double since 2002, the study found."

"Prescriptions for opioid painkillers filled by New Yorkers increased 22 percent over two years to 2 million in 2010 with prescriptions for Oxycodone increasing by about 50 percent, the city said in a May report. About 50 percent of prescriptions were written by just 14 percent of doctors, nurses and dentists."

The majority of those oxy heads and vike heads you see out there on the street all had legitimate reasons for taking those pills at some time....but they became dependent (hooked) on them.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    You people do realize that he is doing this because of the prescription pain killer epidemic that has hit america dont you ???

He is not going to deny prescriptions..... he is just going to shorten the amount of time and amount of pills they are good for so that people who might need a couple of tylenol 3s for a toothache dont continue to eat the other 15 after the tooth pain is gone and they realize how good those pills make them feel.

"The number of emergency room visits in New York related to painkillers almost tripled in 2010 from 2004 to 143 visits for every 100,000 people, the city said. The use of painkillers without a medical need in the U.S. increased 75 percent in 2010 from 2002, the Archives of Internal Medicine reported. More than 15,500 people overdosed on the pills and died in 2009, more than double since 2002, the study found."

"Prescriptions for opioid painkillers filled by New Yorkers increased 22 percent over two years to 2 million in 2010 with prescriptions for Oxycodone increasing by about 50 percent, the city said in a May report. About 50 percent of prescriptions were written by just 14 percent of doctors, nurses and dentists."

The majority of those oxy heads and vike heads you see out there on the street all had legitimate reasons for taking those pills at some time....but they became dependent (hooked) on them.
    Understood corny, but that is still a medical decision, maybe you have someone with stage 7 brain-cancer in terrible pain... The doctor should be able to make the prescription. Not the city mayor. A mayor should be concerned with pot-holes and stray dogs, not drug prescriptions and medical advice.

Honestly, I think it is just nutty to think otherwise. On the other side of the coin, doctors giving out drugs to addicts is not good but obamacare will pay for it, so it is basically free.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast