Texas Vacation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas Vacation

Texas Vacation

We are thinking of taking a vacation this year. Anything in Texas? Maybe on the Gulf coast? It will be my wife and 10 year old daughter.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Come on down. It will be nice and warm for some fishing or crawling in and out of attics. Lots of cheap attractions to see in all of our cities as your driving through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will you be driving in or flying?

gulf coast of Texas would probably be a good place to get on a cruise ship to someplace else.........

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    We are thinking of taking a vacation this year. Anything in Texas?

steers & ----------------------------------------oh, never mind.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

South Padre Island reminds me of Miami. And you are close to the border for a quick trip to Mexico.

Be warned!! Texans drive fast - they have to - the state is friggin big!!! When on spring break one year, I left Cincinnati and drove to Fort Worth then to Brownsville. It was farther from Fort Worth to Brownsville than from Cincinnati to Fort Worth!!

I also liked Corpus Christi. The Parde Island park area was really neat. I also liked the people there - but haven't been back. Maybe some day.

Can't go across the border like you use to and enjoy it.

I would go to Destin, Fla. or that area if you're going to the Gulf. We have so many rivers in Texas that dump mud into the Gulf that the water is brown. New Braunfels has a big water park and its 45 minutes from San Antonio. The Riverwalk and Alamo is ok. Make reservations early for New Braunfels area. It's popular in the summer.

Born and raised in North Texas, but had to get out...too big too fast! I remember the family vacation was the same for twelve years straight (Never got boring). Austin 2 days, San Antonio 3-4 days, Corpus Christi 3-5 days with 3-5 days somewhere on Padre Is. Lots to see and do in those places. 'Course that was the 70's/early 80's when you could get palm sized super jumbo shrimp at Aransas Pass...not anymore though...SMH. It all depends on what you like, but there is plenty to consider. Use to be said "If you can't get it in Texas, it wasn't any good anyway." 'Course that could mean a heck of a lot of things to a lot of people...Hahaha! BTW, I live in the Pac NW and wouldn't want to go back to Tex. The memories are better that way! WOW...just realized how old this post is! So...how was your vacation?

being born a raised I've had a few vacations outside of our Great State....but I would rather vacation here than any other places. Yes we are big down here but there is so much going on. Myself I would carry my but back down to the tip of our state next to Mexico like Brownsville any day. good food , good people and can get some good deals on hotels if you shop online. We also have some good roads to travel by car or just fly. Either way we welcome you. Just be careful and don't go to fast on our highways, we have cameras everywhere
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    gulf coast of Texas would probably be a good place to get on a cruise ship to someplace else.........
    You can do that too, Galveston got some big ol' ships down there.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post

steers & ----------------------------------------oh, never mind.
    Yeah, and most of them live right down the street from me in Houston. Ewwww.

There is so much to see and do here it's unreal. The stockyards in Fort Worth is one of my favs.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

`. .` .>(((>

`... `. .` .>(((>

.` .>(((>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Galveston, Austin, and San Antonio are all great places to visit.

If you just love bumper to bumper traffic and thrives! Go to Austin! You will then hate Texas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast