Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wifi thermostat

wifi thermostat

So i usually install a honeywell prestige with any customers wanting a wifi stat. we have won a bid on a set of condos of which the home owners want wifi thermostats to control these condos from there every day homes in different cities. usually not a problem except their condos only have a secure network that is general, not one condo has a wireless router so the honeywell redlink is out of the question. i have put in the icomfort wifi but only with lennox equipment. has anyone used a wifi thermostat that does not need a gateway and what do you prefer? usually i stay brand specific but i am trying to be as accommodating as i possibly can. thanks!1

Vision Pro WiFi doesn't need a gateway and is little more than the TH8320.

Just installed a Honeywell vision Pro a couple of weeks ago. Easy to use and set up, home owner loves it. I believe it only cost me about $30 more than the standard touch screen.

What do you mean when you say it doesn't need a gateway? The Vision Pro needs a gateway. I have never seen any residential thermostat that you can access over the internet unless it is connected to the internet???

Could you use Nest?

I had a customer that had a wifi stat got divorced over the summer had fun adjusting the thermostat on his ex

The VP WiFi does not need the Redlink gateway like the Prestige does. The location it is in must have WiFi obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Vision Pro WiFi doesn't need a gateway and is little more than the TH8320.
    What he said..

The lennox iComfort only needs wireless internet access. No additional gateway. It should work with any equipment as far as system monitoring/adjustment goes. But i have not actually tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by MicahWes View Post
    What do you mean when you say it doesn't need a gateway? The Vision Pro needs a gateway. I have never seen any residential thermostat that you can access over the internet unless it is connected to the internet???

Could you use Nest?
    Thermostats can be connected through the local utility smartgrid system. Not common, but it's possible. We're looking into it for our smartemp thermostats, customer does not require internet access at the thermostat location. http://www.energateinc.com/index.php...le-application

We have had some great results with the NEST brand of thermostats. Customers seem to really love the ease of use. We have used them matched up to Honeywell zone systems as well as stand alone units.

Just put in a WiFi Vision Pro at my mom's shop. Connects up pretty easily, would like it to be even easier and connect from the thermostat itself though, but the way they have it now is still pretty straightforward.
    And I got a WiFi Focus Pro for the downstairs at home. It too is very simple and straightforward to deal with. Used the Wiresaver on this one, could've pulled a new cable but didn't feel like it.

So far happy with those two and the Prestige IAQ that's upstairs. Tried a Nest and returned it after a week. Too "basic" for me. Anyone that's handled one knows what I mean.

Nest stats are a joke if you have anything more than a basic system. Hook it up to a heat pump or a geo and it has no clue what the most efficient way to operate is.

Use the Ecobee SI. Have installed about 10. Wifi built in. Super easy and great price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast