Suggestion for wireless thermostat

Good morning

I am faced with a thermostat that sits smack in the middle of the largest living room wall (wall A); this prohibits hanging anything--art, pics, shelves, etc. Plus, the thermostat is in the middle of the living room wall and looks horrible. The AC unit is straight behind the thermostat in a closet.
    I would like to move the thermostat to another wall (wall B) which does not connect with wall A in any way, so extending the cable is physically impossible.

The request is to remove the existing out of place thermostat, and install some sort of thermostat base inside the closet where the AC is (out of sight), and place some sort of wireless temperature reader on wall B. I thought of the Honeywell prestige with the remove control unit, but that is a pricey solution. This is not the main ac unit of the house and runs very little throughout the days.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Essentially I am looking for a base of some sort, a wireless thermostat, and keeping $$ down.

thanks

http://www.forwardthinking.honeywell...o_feature.html

The FocusPro 5000 wireless should work well in this situation. There is an equipment interface module that connects to the unit, and a stat that can be mounted anywhere. Its cheaper than the prestige.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by 5thRoot View Post
    http://www.forwardthinking.honeywell...o_feature.html

The FocusPro 5000 wireless should work well in this situation. There is an equipment interface module that connects to the unit, and a stat that can be mounted anywhere. Its cheaper than the prestige.
    I have installed a few of these with no problems.

My wife really like our (three) Total Line wireless stats. They sit on the tables or sleeves like a picture frame. No need to hang them on a wall although that is an option as well.

I have used the Honeywell FocusPro 6000 series wireless thermostat. Its a excellent thermostat for situations as you described above. I have installed one at a friends house and it worked great. Really worth it. I don't know any other wireless thermostat that work that well. I know the one from Toptech isn't that good as some have posted bad reviews for it. Also I think there is a company called Jackson and they have a wireless thermostat model WCT-32. You can check them out also. But the Honeywell hands down is excellent.

White-Rodgers 1F98EZ-1621 we use.

Honeywell....honeywell....honeywell!

We've tried the Emerson/WR ones extensively.
    Like their other thermostats, they inevitably come back on warranty.

Venstar

I use a Honeywell with a portable comfort control. You can put the portable comfort control wherever you are, and you can defer back to the stat in a better location for you.

Wireless Focus Pro 5 or 6000 is great. Installed the 5000 for a family member as a relocation and it works great and they love it (switches silently too, as the switching is done in the EIM down at the equipment)