Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil Pressure

Thats a good point that I overlokked. The foam in the sight glass is a strong indicator of liquid mixing with the oil however. Also, it sounds as if the compressor is oversized for the system. If one unloader is NEVER loaded and the other cycles often, is it not possible that the TXV is hunting which would allow liquid to pass through into the compressor in varying amounts? That would account for the different amounts of foam (liquid) that is seen in the sight glass?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    Didn't say he was. Said I had similar issue and that's what we found.
    I must have missed a post or read/misunderstood it wrong. Sounded like he was refering to this threads problem.

Sorry working a lot of ot. System was not flooding. the discharge pressure relief was week. The oil screen was plugged up. I didnt believe it as this compressor was changed out a few weeks ago. Not by me. I got to thinking which is dangerous but this system had a hot gas defrost 4 times a day. The hot gas opens liquid line solenoid closes therefore in defrost bypasses liquid driers. So I pulled the screen and YOU WERE RIGHT. Changed the oil and driers. Thanks for the help.

jpsmith1cm is offline Global Moderator/AOP Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by HJ Controls View Post
    Sorry working a lot of ot. System was not flooding. the discharge pressure relief was week. The oil screen was plugged up. I didnt believe it as this compressor was changed out a few weeks ago. Not by me. I got to thinking which is dangerous but this system had a hot gas defrost 4 times a day. The hot gas opens liquid line solenoid closes therefore in defrost bypasses liquid driers. So I pulled the screen and YOU WERE RIGHT. Changed the oil and driers. Thanks for the help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12