Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    a poor assumption
    For most punks on the street, I would put my money on you.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Not going to be a problem in the US before too long....... Id say after feinstein and her pals get done the average revolver or semi auto is going to weigh close to 25 pounds...... wont even notice the recoil.......lol
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Bottom line is:

There will always be crazies... and they will always get a weapon. Take away guns... they will use knives. Take away knives... they will use a baseball bat. Take away the bats... they will find a big stick. And good luck taking away big sticks...

The only solution to stopping a crazy is to STOP them... and a law abiding and TRAINED citizen with the proper weapon can save more lives than a whole VAN LOAD of paper with laws written on it.

I have a question for the gun ban crowd: Show me a shooter (mass murderer) who is following the law? Go on, show me one.

Answer: In choosing to commit murder... they pre-meditated to break the law. Simply put; a person who chooses to kill... will not follow the law. And we know guns (including assault guns and big magazines) will always be available illegally... so...

It does not take the sense of a grade schooler to realize restricting legal ownership of guns does nothing to curb gun violence.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

You and I know that its not about what happened in Connecticut...its about disarming the people.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

True!

What I also believe is: The average voter is not capable of grasping govt is that corrupt.

Just wait until they find out how much they will NOT get from bummercare... and how much new tax it will cost.

IMO when the public realizes what govt WILL do... (not what they promise)... trusting a polecat will change to NOT trusting a polecat.

IMO this is really the only solution; letting the public get BURNED enough to learn.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Jerry is an exibition shooter......probably shoots the same setups day after day..... bet when he is shooting his targets are all set up at a specified distance from him and a specified distance apart..... muscle memory is how those guys get so good.

Not taking anything away from Jerry.... cause I am sure he is a fine marksman.... but part of his job is exibitions.....and thats how those guys work...

He isnt faster than a machinegun though...... he is probably 250 rounds a minute......most machineguns are 400-600 rpm..... most around 600.

Plus... there isnt much stress on Jerry..... If he performs poorly he might lose his job....... You perform poorly defending your life against some hood on the street.....and I mean a real hood....who is armed......with a gun......and not a can of soda and bag of candy....... but anyhow.... you perform poorly on the street against an armed foe and you are dead.

I bet jerry is shooting some extremely light loads too..... they would probably just dent your skin and bounce off...
    ya, the guy is nothing but a show off. Im surprised he doesn't use a cap gun

An avid shooter, Jerry holds numerous national and world shooting titles:

Seven time USPSA 3-Gun National Championship
    Four time USPSA Multi-gun National Championship
    Four time 2nd Chance Bowling Pin Champion
    1997 and 2007 American Handgunner World Shoot-Off Champion (The only person ever to win this title with a revolver.)
    Twenty time International Revolver Champion
    Member of seven time winning pro team at the Sportsmans Team Challenge
    Eight time USPSA National Revolver Champion
    Three time Masters International Long Gun Champion
    Two time International Practical Shooting Confederation World Revolver Champion
    Ten time IDPA Enhanced Service Revolver Champion
    One time Bianchi Cup NRA World Action Pistol Metallic Champion
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Bottom line is:

There will always be crazies... and they will always get a weapon. Take away guns... they will use knives. Take away knives... they will use a baseball bat. Take away the bats... they will find a big stick. And good luck taking away big sticks...

The only solution to stopping a crazy is to STOP them... and a law abiding and TRAINED citizen with the proper weapon can save more lives than a whole VAN LOAD of paper with laws written on it.

I have a question for the gun ban crowd: Show me a shooter (mass murderer) who is following the law? Go on, show me one.

Answer: In choosing to commit murder... they pre-meditated to break the law. Simply put; a person who chooses to kill... will not follow the law. And we know guns (including assault guns and big magazines) will always be available illegally... so...

It does not take the sense of a grade schooler to realize restricting legal ownership of guns does nothing to curb gun violence.
    You have a defeatist attitude.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    ya, the guy is nothing but a show off. Im surprised he doesn't use a cap gun

An avid shooter, Jerry holds numerous national and world shooting titles:

Seven time USPSA 3-Gun National Championship
    Four time USPSA Multi-gun National Championship
    Four time 2nd Chance Bowling Pin Champion
    1997 and 2007 American Handgunner World Shoot-Off Champion (The only person ever to win this title with a revolver.)
    Twenty time International Revolver Champion
    Member of seven time winning pro team at the Sportsmans Team Challenge
    Eight time USPSA National Revolver Champion
    Three time Masters International Long Gun Champion
    Two time International Practical Shooting Confederation World Revolver Champion
    Ten time IDPA Enhanced Service Revolver Champion
    One time Bianchi Cup NRA World Action Pistol Metallic Champion
    People can dismiss it all they want, the speed, accuracy etc. because of "reduced loads" etc, but not one of them would want to be on the receiving end of his weapon in a tactical situation.

For the dedicated shooter it becomes second nature. Acquire target, determine if it's a threat and the body automatically knows what to to do and how to react to hit the target. Your not wasting precious time trying to align your target with your sites. It's like picking your nose in the dark. Another analogy is it's like getting up in the middle of the night to take a leak and not turning on a light to find your way to the bathroom.....your repetitions and senses take over and guide your way.

And reduced load? So what......six reduced loads on target in a few seconds has got to have more stopping power than one hit and five misses with a regular load.

I've done the coarse's where targets pop up at you and you must decide if they are a threat. Allot of fun, but allot of pressure too! If you don't have the skill level, through practice, to point your weapon quickly, fire and hit the target you score low and look bad in front of your buddies.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

All of the competitions have a minimum power factors. These are not really "light loads"

They are "light" compared to a defensive ammunition, but if you get shot with one of those rounds, you going to be hurting.
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    People can dismiss it all they want, the speed, accuracy etc. because of "reduced loads" etc, but not one of them would want to be on the receiving end of his weapon in a tactical situation.

For the dedicated shooter it becomes second nature. Acquire target, determine if it's a threat and the body automatically knows what to to do and how to react to hit the target. Your not wasting precious time trying to align your target with your sites. It's like picking your nose in the dark. Another analogy is it's like getting up in the middle of the night to take a leak and not turning on a light to find your way to the bathroom.....your repetitions and senses take over and guide your way.

And reduced load? So what......six reduced loads on target in a few seconds has got to have more stopping power than one hit and five misses with a regular load.

I've done the coarse's where targets pop up at you and you must decide if they are a threat. Allot of fun, but allot of pressure too! If you don't have the skill level, through practice, to point your weapon quickly, fire and hit the target you score low and look bad in front of your buddies.
    I thought I said I wasnt taking anything away from jerry and I thought I said that he as a good marksman..... but what exactly does that have to do with the stress of an actual life or death situation ???

Jerry might perform fine in a situation like that and he might not..... we will never know until he is put into one.......

Buck fever has cost many an expert shot on the range a prize in the field.......

anywho..... yes.... Jerry is a good shot.... the man shoots guns for a living...... and hopefully the government will still allow him to keep his job once they start collecting all the guns from the average shooter ho is more likely to kill a couple of innocent people than actually stopping a criminal.

Unlike Jerry..... the average ccw person is just going to start firing blindly.....probably shooting around their side or over their back and to the rear as they are running for safety..... and we just dont want that here in america.....

Nope... and I dont want to see any of you guys here end up in prison for years for gunning down an innocent....which is undoubtedly going to happen.....sooner or later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post

"Live" range practice... truly the best training (after one gets to the point the handgun is an extension of their hand, and handling it is automatic rather than concentration).

The anti-gun crowd does not understand this... they really need to.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

So I am assuming a number of you have taken someone green to a range and had them shoot at a target. How well did they do? Now how many people own a gun and have not put enough rounds through it to actually hit a paper target? Next is the thrill of competition. At the gun club I am a member of on occasion we get out balloons and staple two of them to the target, think the balloons have to pass through a eight inch hole. When the target opens you take a shot at the one you are suppose to hit, the top or bottom one. You are eliminated if you miss the balloon or hit the wrong one. Target only stays open for a couple of seconds.

Guys that can repeatedly put a group in a two inch spread miss the damn balloons. The only difference between their normal shooting is the adrenalin given the competitive nature of the contest. I can only guess what the non-shooter could do in a stressful situation. A competitive shooter will be miles ahead of even a practiced shooter just because they learn to deal with the stress.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    So I am assuming a number of you have taken someone green to a range and had them shoot at a target. How well did they do? Now how many people own a gun and have not put enough rounds through it to actually hit a paper target? Next is the thrill of competition. At the gun club I am a member of on occasion we get out balloons and staple two of them to the target, think the balloons have to pass through a eight inch hole. When the target opens you take a shot at the one you are suppose to hit, the top or bottom one. You are eliminated if you miss the balloon or hit the wrong one. Target only stays open for a couple of seconds.

Guys that can repeatedly put a group in a two inch spread miss the damn balloons. The only difference between their normal shooting is the adrenalin given the competitive nature of the contest. I can only guess what the non-shooter could do in a stressful situation. A competitive shooter will be miles ahead of even a practiced shooter just because they learn to deal with the stress.
    You are dealing with armchair marksmen here Printer..... guys who probably get their gun training notions from action films on the big screen.

You are also dealing with this guy here too.......

Name:  professor guhhhhhhhhh.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  10.1 KB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast