Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Gun Bans and Limited Capacity Mags

Yes, we all know it's coming. I figure I should just practice more. You know, become quicker at dropping and replacing the mag, but mostly work on my revolver skills. I figure with a month or so of practice I should be pretty close to Jerry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsLx5ISBXw4

Save it Jeff.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

But that takes dedication. I would say that most if not all of the deviants doing mass killings would not have bothered to. If they only had a revolver to do their dirty work or a rifle with a small capacity mag/clip there would probably be less victims and they could be stopped sooner. I am sure a revolver would be just as effective a deterrent for a homeowner or in a carry situation as a gun with a high capacity mag.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    But that takes dedication. I would say that most if not all of the deviants doing mass killings would not have bothered to. If they only had a revolver to do their dirty work or a rifle with a small capacity mag/clip there would probably be less victims and they could be stopped sooner. I am sure a revolver would be just as effective a deterrent for a homeowner or in a carry situation as a gun with a high capacity mag.
    There have been a number of incidents where a revolver was emptied into a suspect who, after being shot several times, continued to fight and even kill an officer.

Limiting what law abiding citizens can do to prevent criminals from doing something is the opposite of logic.

The idea that you will be able to ban high capacity mags is crazy. 3d printers are going to make it easy to make one. Banning them will mean once again that only those who don't care about the law will have one.

Since I am a law abiding citizen I will follow the law, the deviants will not. That means I must practice harder to become more deadly with less force.

Really, the point is to show just how fast someone that practices can get, yes he is the exception rather than the rule, but those in the Not Know probably never realized that someone can actually be FASTER than an automatic weapon. Yes, he does fire more rounds per second than most automatic weapons are capable of.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Since I am a law abiding citizen I will follow the law, the deviants will not. That means I must practice harder to become more deadly with less force.

Really, the point is to show just how fast someone that practices can get, yes he is the exception rather than the rule, but those in the Not Know probably never realized that someone can actually be FASTER than an automatic weapon. Yes, he does fire more rounds per second than most automatic weapons are capable of.
    Buy early buy often. By doing so, you will remain legal if there is a hi-cap ban.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../2971732/posts

yup go ahead and ban them.........

Jerry can reload a revolver faster than I can change mags on my race gun. sheesh
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Jerry can reload a revolver faster than I can change mags on my race gun. sheesh
    12 shots with a reload in 2.99

I WISH I was half that fast

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    But your both faster than some 20 year old kid that doesn't realize he is the only one that life sucks for.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    But your both faster than some 20 year old kid that doesn't realize he is the only one that life sucks for.
    a poor assumption
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Jerry is an exibition shooter......probably shoots the same setups day after day..... bet when he is shooting his targets are all set up at a specified distance from him and a specified distance apart..... muscle memory is how those guys get so good.

Not taking anything away from Jerry.... cause I am sure he is a fine marksman.... but part of his job is exibitions.....and thats how those guys work...

He isnt faster than a machinegun though...... he is probably 250 rounds a minute......most machineguns are 400-600 rpm..... most around 600.

Plus... there isnt much stress on Jerry..... If he performs poorly he might lose his job....... You perform poorly defending your life against some hood on the street.....and I mean a real hood....who is armed......with a gun......and not a can of soda and bag of candy....... but anyhow.... you perform poorly on the street against an armed foe and you are dead.

I bet jerry is shooting some extremely light loads too..... they would probably just dent your skin and bounce off...
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

Also I doubt he is using full loads in his cartridges. When I was shooting I would load down mine to the point where the gun would still feed reliably for the semi's and the revolvers just needed consistent ignition in order to have tight groupings. Doubt my 38's had more punch than a 22 long rifle. Not the type of loads I would want to save my life.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast