Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 27 to 37 of 37
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    there ya go. Money management. stop the waste. Besides is about 24 months the government will have about 3 billion dollars extra from the military, there should be plenty of money for roads, but they will pi$$ that way in a week or two
    Or maybe reduce the deficit with it.



    That was a joke.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    4,639
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    And how would you fix the crumbling roads?
    Chain gangs of prisoners and welfare recipients. Time to go to work. I'd bet they'd be reformed after a summer or two.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,285
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Chain gangs of prisoners and welfare recipients. Time to go to work. I'd bet they'd be reformed after a summer or two.
    X2

    Joe Arpiao has the right idea... and he has the least number of repeaters in most of America.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,946
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Back to funding roads, should not the people that use it pay for it?
    Is it beyond your ability to be rational? Taxation on gasoline and other fuels used for vehicles on the road is already the excuse government uses for collecting revenue from those who use the highways. There is simply no rational reason to have another tax, just to keep from inceasing the tax for the same purpose that is already being abused by government and labor unions for "highway robbery".

    It's like you just can't stop yourself from screaming what a leftist socialist you are. Wouldn't you rather go listen to a radio station playing only music from a genre that you like best rather than continuing to spew out Socialist commentaries on things that happen in the U.S.? OH! That's right! Your radio stations must play what Canadian government dictates that they play.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,946
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Plenty of money for the roads, not enough for corruption.
    printer2, I have lived in IL for 43 years, and the roads have been under construction for 43 years. There is a 50 mile stretch of I90 which was in fine shape. The state received TARP money and needed to spend it. They bragged with roadsigns the money was part of the "reinvestment" act. They tore up sections of a recently paved road and repaved it, finishing it last year. OK fine. IL received more federal money and has torn up the road again, to widen it this time, to be completed in 2016. The same thing has happened on local roads as well with the county taking credit for the so called improvements. Maybe IL is an exception to the norm, but I'm guessing most other states are not too far off. The money is being used to pay for corruption. Now, try and get the cappilary roads fixed in Chicago, hahahahahaha.
    When I moved to PA, I was told that there were two seasons; winter and road construction. PA keeps labor unions able to fund PA politico's by making sure there are always road crews making it more difficult for everyone to travel around PA.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,285
    Funding roads: Here is a thought:

    Govt beaurocracies ALWAYS cost a bunch of $$$ just to run... before one cent gets to what the govt organization is supposed to do. Now it seems to me... If we already have one bloated and wasteful beaurocracy collecting fuel taxes... why the H*LL do we need another bloated and wasteful beaurocracy wasting yet MORE $$$... just so we can say we are doing something. This makes less sense that giving BHO an unlimited blank check to spend.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Is it beyond your ability to be rational? Taxation on gasoline and other fuels used for vehicles on the road is already the excuse government uses for collecting revenue from those who use the highways. There is simply no rational reason to have another tax, just to keep from inceasing the tax for the same purpose that is already being abused by government and labor unions for "highway robbery".

    It's like you just can't stop yourself from screaming what a leftist socialist you are. Wouldn't you rather go listen to a radio station playing only music from a genre that you like best rather than continuing to spew out Socialist commentaries on things that happen in the U.S.? OH! That's right! Your radio stations must play what Canadian government dictates that they play.
    Is it beyond your ability to be civil. Go sit on something.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,946
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Is it beyond your ability to be civil. Go sit on something.
    LOL! Telling me to go sit on something while reprimanding me for not being civil.....CLASSIC LEFTIST ELITISM!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    LOL! Telling me to go sit on something while reprimanding me for not being civil.....CLASSIC LEFTIST ELITISM!
    Nothing about being a leftist or elitist, just calling you a jerk for acting like one.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,946
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Nothing about being a leftist or elitist, just calling you a jerk for acting like one.
    Of course you would think it is ok for you to call me names. I keep making the mistake of attempting to engage you in rational conversation, but it always ends up with you calling me names while complaining that I somehow offended you. I will try again to not respond to you.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    529
    "Are you gonna kiss me or not?
    Are we gonna do this or what?
    I think you know I like you a lot
    But you're 'bout to miss your shot
    Are you gonna kiss me or not?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event