Hybrid View

Are you ready to pay by the mile?

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...235604924.html

Time to bring back the chain gangs
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

What do you think the little black boxes in the car's (mandate) is for....oh, yeah in the name of Safety. Riiiiiggghht.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Well, I feel safer knowing that King Hussein has my best interests in mind.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

So much for not taxing the middle class

Who do you expect to pay for keeping the roads up, the tooth fairy? We have the same problem here, not enough money for roads.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

The tooth fairy is broke. She was robbed at gun point by the Grinch that stole Christmas.

I think Al Gore, Barbara Streisand, Ed Asner and all the other cookoo birds should pay for the roads. I say confiscate there money. If they complain, off with their heads.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Plenty of money for the roads, not enough for corruption.
    printer2, I have lived in IL for 43 years, and the roads have been under construction for 43 years. There is a 50 mile stretch of I90 which was in fine shape. The state received TARP money and needed to spend it. They bragged with roadsigns the money was part of the "reinvestment" act. They tore up sections of a recently paved road and repaved it, finishing it last year. OK fine. IL received more federal money and has torn up the road again, to widen it this time, to be completed in 2016. The same thing has happened on local roads as well with the county taking credit for the so called improvements. Maybe IL is an exception to the norm, but I'm guessing most other states are not too far off. The money is being used to pay for corruption. Now, try and get the cappilary roads fixed in Chicago, hahahahahaha.

I suppose if they cut funding to DOT unions pensions they would have money left over. but that ain't going to happen.
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Plenty of money for the roads, not enough for corruption.
    printer2, I have lived in IL for 43 years, and the roads have been under construction for 43 years. There is a 50 mile stretch of I90 which was in fine shape. The state received TARP money and needed to spend it. They bragged with roadsigns the money was part of the "reinvestment" act. They tore up sections of a recently paved road and repaved it, finishing it last year. OK fine. IL received more federal money and has torn up the road again, to widen it this time, to be completed in 2016. The same thing has happened on local roads as well with the county taking credit for the so called improvements. Maybe IL is an exception to the norm, but I'm guessing most other states are not too far off. The money is being used to pay for corruption. Now, try and get the cappilary roads fixed in Chicago, hahahahahaha.
    When I moved to PA, I was told that there were two seasons; winter and road construction. PA keeps labor unions able to fund PA politico's by making sure there are always road crews making it more difficult for everyone to travel around PA.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Chicago/Illionois just seems corrupt in general to me. Every one is in a union making big bucks, and then complaining cause everything costs so much, corruption is rampant, and taxes are high. It sounds crazy up there and its hurting the country that the prez is from that union environment.

Back to funding roads, should not the people that use it pay for it?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Back to funding roads, should not the people that use it pay for it?
    We in the service industry pay for it every day. I have no problem with that, because Im not paying for it, YOU will
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    We in the service industry pay for it every day. I have no problem with that, because Im not paying for it, YOU will
    So then the money does have to come from somewhere. I thought so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast