Thread: Wet Bulb Temp

Post Likes

Wet Bulb Temp

I am curious as to what everyone uses for getting an accurate wet bulb temperature

Post Likes
    Digital Sling Psychrometer. $150 +/- in Grainger. A little cheaper at Johnstones. Amprobe and Extech have some nice ones that aren't too expensive and still give you the info you need.

Some examples:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...rue&sst=subset

Post Likes
    Testo 605-H2 - Wet/dry bulb and humidity and it is not velocity dependent.

Post Likes
    Fieldpiece makes an inexpensive k-type thermocouple with a sock on it. They seem fairly accurate.

Post Likes
    Name:  sellshot009.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  79.9 KB
    “whenever an air conditioner starts up, it is very inefficient. Once you have it running, you want it to keep it running as long as you can.”
    John Proctor

"Christ is the Son of God Who died for the redemption of sinners and was resurrected after three days. This is the greatest truth in the universe. I die because of my belief in Christ."
    Watchman Nee

Post Likes
    I currently have been using the K type thermocouple however I am not certain of its accuracy and like the idea of trying something better. The Testo 605/H2 looks ok and I am going to check out the Fluke 971 pictured as I do like Fluke meters usually. I have never used Testo tools but have beeen seeing them alot more lately are they good equipment for the most part? Most of my meters are Fluke and Fieldpiece

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TXTech1 View Post
    I have never used Testo tools but have beeen seeing them alot more lately are they good equipment for the most part? Most of my meters are Fluke and Fieldpiece
    I use Fieldpiece and Fluke too, however Testo has been in my bag for a couple of years now and I have been happy with their accuracy and ease of use. NCI T&B training is the first time I got to play with Testo and I went right out and bought it afterwards.

Post Likes
    I use a fieldpiece srh2. It comes with a k type with a "sock" and it has a NTC sensor on it that gives it pretty immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk