Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 16
  1. #1

    Tool for flat spring hose clamps?

    Is there a tool made for compressing these things? Every HE Carrier/Bryant furnace I've been into uses them to retain the drain hoses onto the condinsate trap. I have been using channellocks or pliers, but sometimes using them is a pain. Suggestions?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Caledonia WI
    Posts
    877
    Quote Originally Posted by In School Doug View Post
    Is there a tool made for compressing these things? Every HE Carrier/Bryant furnace I've been into uses them to retain the drain hoses onto the condinsate trap. I have been using channellocks or pliers, but sometimes using them is a pain. Suggestions?
    I use a Mayhew 28650.

    http://www.amazon.com/Mayhew-28650-S.../dp/B0000T4UI4

  3. #3
    Thanks for the reply!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati ohio
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    I am a "tool guy" but good lord those are expensive. I will stick to my needle nose or channel locks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    port allegany pa
    Posts
    41
    ya isnt that the truth

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    The expensive one looks like it might be tough to use, what about that pair in the suggested items? If you tell me those clamps are easy as pie with that tool you have I'm dropping an order right now.

    Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    5,674
    Quote Originally Posted by ORV View Post
    The expensive one looks like it might be tough to use, what about that pair in the suggested items? If you tell me those clamps are easy as pie with that tool you have I'm dropping an order right now.

    Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
    Throw the spring clamps away and use hose clamps just don't over tighten.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Throw the spring clamps away and use hose clamps just don't over tighten.
    Big thumbs up on that statement.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Salt Lake City/Tooele
    Posts
    2,162
    Seems like the Mayhew is great with the larger clamps and room for operation. But trying to imaging trying to get on some of those smaller clamps in the furnace.
    I find my Klein linesman work just fine.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    1,088
    Those stupid spring clamps suck. I have pinched my fingers many times trying to open them.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    81
    Retaining Ring Pliers work for me. Also works well for changing gaskets for charging hoses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event