+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intellipack RTU

Post Likes

Hmm Intellipack RTU

Hello All:
    I'm having an issue the compressor circuit #1, on a call for cooling compressors energize and then trip on high head, condensers fan motors do not come on, is there is sensor, in series with the condenser fans contactors?????. I know something is locking the fans out.
    Any help is gratly appreciated it.

Post Likes
    First are you 100% sure the it is going off on high head? Also are all the fans and all the fuses for the fans good? The condenser fans are staged by condenser saturation temperature sensor on condenser coil.

Post Likes
    Moved to Tech to tech commercial

Post Likes
    Thank you for the response FixitRight:

I'm pretty sure is going off on high head pressure, I will go back to the job in the morning and check the condenser coil sensor, either way the fans are not energizing. What else could be in the circuit, besides the fuses and the sensor????? I was thrown at this job, intellipack are new to me.

Thanks again pal.

Post Likes
    For a start, you might try looking at the electrical schematic to see exactly what sensors/switches are in the control circuit of the cond fan contactor. Then trace the circuit and see what is preventing the coil from energizing.

Post Likes
    First you can test and make sure the fans work by putting unit in test. Go to service mode and turn everything off except for for your condedser fans. Then push test start and verify all condenser fan work. If they work in test check your saturated condenser temp sensor. It is on the u bends of the condenser coil. One for each circuit so make sure it is the right one you look at.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    For a start, you might try looking at the electrical schematic to see exactly what sensors/switches are in the control circuit of the cond fan contactor. Then trace the circuit and see what is preventing the coil from energizing.
    The control voltage for the contactors for the condenser fans comes from the compressor module. The fans stage off of temperature it gets from the saturated condenser temp sensor.

Post Likes
    Got it.

thanks a lot

Post Likes
    Thank you bunny, I will do that.

Post Likes
    Thank you FixitRight, I just got to job site and took the panels off at the condenser and the saturated temperature sensor was off the "U" bend just hanging, not se sing. The temperature, put sensor back in place and fans came on, thank you for advice, now circuit#2 is blowing the TF4, for no reason, it's got to be a direct short in the wiring, you got to love HVAC field, always a challenge everyday, thanks God for all of you guys that willing to give an advice.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in