+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duct Less Mini Split, why so dirty?

Post Likes

Duct Less Mini Split, why so dirty?

Better Way to clean out Indoor unit on Duct Less Mini Split? Besides the old brush and hold your breath.

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3f9b6627.jpg
    http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...ps01af5f00.jpg

Post Likes
    Maybe use an inexpensive standalone air cleaner to help take the load. Consider cleaning it more frequently. It looks as if there is mold in there as well, maybe use a dehumidifier also. To clean you could use a microfiber cloth dipped in a mild bleach solution from a 5 gallon bucket and change the water when it becomes too dirty to be useful. An old toothbrush can reach the hard to get areas. No shortcuts in this case. Good luck!

Post Likes
    I noticed some Techs dont bother to clean the internals on the Indoor unit, Maybe some dont even notice it, thinking the washable filter screen is all that needs to be cleaned?
    I agree, No shorts cuts.

Post Likes
    That's a lot of mold, do you ever clean the filter and coils? If so how often.

Post Likes
    The funny thing is the washable filter was fairly clean, I believe service techs before me had no idea theses units get dirty/moldy internally, and was never cleaned.
    Not the first time ive seen this, duct less are notorious having mold growth.
    Unit installed in a small bedroom size computer server room.

Post Likes
    It probably runs constantly and can't dehumidify the room properly causing condesation on fins.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in