+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Liebert Intellislot SNMP to BACnet

Post Likes

Liebert Intellislot SNMP to BACnet

Has anyone tried or know of a way to use the Liebert Intellislot cards with SNMP in oirder to convert to BACnet? Does the Liebert Global Products MIB give you full access to read write values?

I was thinking of trying the Control Colutions Babel Buster to see if it would work rather than buying the Intellislot BACnet cards or a Sitelink.

Post Likes
    New unit? Contact sales to trade the card for the one you need?

Post Likes
    MaxBurn,

I was hoping you would respond - no these are existing units. Any thoughts? I downioaded the Global MIB, but haven't really seen anything yet like a points list.

Post Likes
    If it is a newer card I believe you can get the points list from the hyperterminal interface. Should be a command to list the available points, there is for modbus anyway. I don't believe they limit anything, you should get whatever is available on the unit.

Cards aren't really in our group, we just have to deal with them a lot in SiteScan.

Post Likes
    Yes, I read about the Hyper Terminal mode and what I can see. I guess the question is how to take that data and translate it into something workable for the customer. Any thoughts? The idea of buying a site scan or adding moire cards is somewhat uappealing as someone once stated here, "Controls, controlling controls, controling controls."

Anything you can do to help would be great!

Post Likes
    I really think that you would be best served if you got the right card. Fewer links in the chain and all.

Post Likes
    Four cards, plus two Challenger 3000's. I know the Challenger's are a different deal. Other job has 15 Intellislots. That's why I am trying to come up with a solution to work with what's there.

Post Likes
    Ok,

MaxBurn I found the GP-Environmental in the MIB and everything seems to be there. I have just too many of these Intellislots out there not to try something. I can always use the the the other cards and SiteLink as a backup if necessary.

Any thoughts om this?

Post Likes
    I really don't have experience with translators modules like you guys here do, basically we aren't allowed to work with them. If I were to pick these units up to bring into SiteScan I would be using a SiteIP-E which is an ALC module that isn't sold on the WebCTRL side of the house that I am aware of. The SiteIP-E is basically an LGR that can talk SNMP. We wouldn't design new systems from scratch like that, IGM/Velocity is preferred.

Post Likes
    Ya, I know what you mean MaxBurn. The issue is that there are tons of these around and to go to a customer and say you need to buy XXXX or replace all of these cards for XXXX becomes very difficult or add a SiteLink. and yes, I too am well versed in the fact that it is an ALC product,

One customer loves your stuff and I have absolutely no problem with it either, but I would just like to come up with a long term solution. Many times we don't get the luxury of working with the sales guy on the front end of the project to say what we need. And is you need the BACnet Intellislot or whatever is available, can still be an extra cost. This is probably more of a sales issue than anything.

Post Likes
    These units were purchased with one type of communication in mind and they have apparently changed their mind. They shouldn't be surprised that there is an infrastructure swap out or some sort of elaborate work around necessary to change course in the middle of the trip to their monitoring goal. Your lowest cost option is to get whoever bought these units to go back to the sales they purchased them from and leverage that relationship to do a swap out or reduced cost purchase.

Our units can and often are purchased with no communication options in them in situations like these. I think the intellislot system works well in these situations because they can be added or changed at any time rather easily.

Post Likes
    Max,

Need some help. Picked up a Sitelink 12 (not andE) and am not sure where to from here. Tried communicating through RS-232, but no luck. Tried to connect via BACnet software on the RS-485 port at different BAUD rates in my software but no luck.
    Anything you acn help with would be great.

Thanks

Post Likes
    If I'm following you correctly, someone from Emerson needs to drop the correct templates into the site link before you will get anything. They should also hand you the template in PDF so you know the point relationship.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kontrolthis View Post
    If I'm following you correctly, someone from Emerson needs to drop the correct templates into the site link before you will get anything. They should also hand you the template in PDF so you know the point relationship.
    This is correct.

Post Likes
    I need to get the site ID or serial number from this SiteLink. Is there a way to get is via RS-232?

Post Likes
    The particular serial number of the SiteLink you need is on the enclosure, there is a sticker inside the door. Site ID is usually on a Liebert service sticker outside the enclosure. If you don't have a SiteID on any other equipment there they can look it up by the site address and or name.

Post Likes
    This is from a decommissioned system so I have neither.

Post Likes
    On a side note, why is it needed if we wanted it reprogrammed by Liebert?

Post Likes
    If it has been moved to another site it won't help much. You'd need the ID of the site it is on so the tech goes to the right place. If there isn't one just let them know.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in