Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Boots hasn't been on the ARPC for over a year, BTW.

He's a fine feller, we miss him.

I'm kinda wondering is someone hijacked Scrog's account. I'm closing this just in case.

Scrog, you have a PM.

OK, I have confirmed that it was Scrog, so I'm reopening the thread. Let's play nice though. Boots doesn't get to come around much anymore, so I don't think it's right to dis on someone who isn't here.

Whether in jest or not, let me explain something about being in law enforcement: You and your family are always at risk. Bad guys would love nothing more than to track down cops, corrections officers, marshals, baliffs, judges--anyone involved in their arrest, detention and incarceration and give some payback. By posting personal information about someone you know or just suspect to the someone involved in the judicial system, whether a L.E.O., C.O. or judge, you put them at risk by posting ANYWHERE on the web about them, not just here. Please keep that in mind. These people take a great risk serving us and the last thing they need is being 'outed'.

Thank you.

Look guys, I didn't expect this reaction, so let me attempt to explain.

First off, this was not an attempt to dis Bootlen. He's my friend. That might not have been obvious to your average observer looking at our forum posts to one another; indeed, things could get relatively nasty in public. But in PMs we developed a mutual respect for the other and even a friendship though we acknowledged and even laughed at our differences at times.

I just thought it was ironically funny that he decided to get in to law enforcement. That humor is not based on disrespect for law enforcement agencies or employees.

I still think it's amusing in that light. If you don't, that's fine, but don't make this in to something unintended.

I might also have appeared to take a shot at the ARPC guys in general. In a sense, it was, again in a humorous manner. I have no problem with those guys and think they do a good job. I may have occasionally spoken my mind in private to one or more of them, but genreally speaking, I'm not a problem child for them and have no cause to give them a nasty swipe.

Carry on.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Curious...can you explain the irony that you see in Boots being in law enforcement?
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Boots

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Curious...can you explain the irony that you see in Boots being in law enforcement?
    I believe you could detect that in the OP if you really tried hard.

It has to do with avatars, flashing lights, and proposed wannabes.

Look if you don't get it or lost your funny bone, fine with me.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

I remember his avatar being a C-130 or something like that....still don't see the irony.

Am I missing something here or has scrog been smokin the hippie lettuce again?
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

AC-130 from his 'Nam days. I chatted offline with Boots about this. He is essentially friends with ScroggyDoggy except that the Dog doesn't recognize God. I think if Scroggy would chat with Boots offline, he would see just how what I'm saying could be a problem for Boots and what his situation is.

People use fictitious names here for a number of reasons guys and gals. It's not our business to know the what or why but to respect people's privacy.

I agree my cool friend, I do not see the connection with his avatar. Must have gotten some of that newly liberated "tobacco"...

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Yeah cool video. That song by Nancy Sanatra was real hit in Nam. Lots of GI's mailed their worn out jungle boots to her. I like boots both of us being vets over there. I joking called him "bootlick" with a smily face on it of course in jest several years ago. Just like that "picture" of boots, the bad ass cop, I put up in my earlier post. All in fun. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

I miss Bootlen being around and he seemed way to easy going to be in law enforcement

Maybe the lord went to work on old bootlens heart..... This is a hard business to be in if you are an actual practicing christian... Ive seen many service guys give it up and find something else after being hit with parts sales and equipment sales quotas.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

The one oddity is police usually have a union and I seem to remember Boot was anti union

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast