+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dewalts lithum battery wont charge

Post Likes

Dewalts lithum battery wont charge

I was going to use my 20v hammer drill today went to charge a battery and the the charger blinks saying ita a bad battery or a bad charger.

I dont have another battery or charger
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.

Post Likes
    That's a sad story. Why are you telling us about it?

Post Likes
    Shoulda bought..... Anything but dewalt!

Post Likes
    Why are you wasting your time to reply to a post if you have nothing helpfull to write. Im sure if i made another "what meter should i buy" thread id get loads of replies.

Post Likes
    Dewalt is amazing stuff. I use and abuse mine every day. I also use the 20 volt stuff. Take it in to your dewalt retailer and tell them what's going on.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    DO you have a Battries Plus store near you? I had my Dewalt battries rebuilt w/ larger capacity cells for less $ than buying new ones.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by marter View Post
    Why are you wasting your time to reply to a post if you have nothing helpfull to write. Im sure if i made another "what meter should i buy" thread id get loads of replies.
    Were you asking for help? I didn't see a question in your post.

Post Likes
    Marter, why don't you just take it back and exchange it?
    Dewalt is not a bad tool despite what you may read here. Uncle has Dewalts from the 90s he is still using to day in HVAC work.

Good luck and i hope you get a replacement Dewals with out a hassle.

Post Likes
    They are not what they used to be. IMO

Post Likes
    double post

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Tell us why they are not? What mechanical evidence do you offer to substantiate your statement?
    Tell us why they are not? What mechanical evidence do you offer to substantiate your statement?

Post Likes
    Marter,

I know its frustrating when batteries die. Seems like all my dewalt went down at same time. There's a tip you can try to get them to take a charge. I've done it on a couple 18v. I"ll try explain as best i can. My were not taking charge. Red light on charger blinking rapidly. This is what i did, take a charged battery i had one good 18v jump negative off good one to negative one bad one. Next you attach positive off good battery and touch positive on bad one quickly like three times. You can search youtube lots videos on this.
    I can't explain why it works but worked on a couple of mine. One of them still working after 2 months. Good luck and hope this work for ya.

Post Likes
    Actuallty i did this and it did work i was able to get ahold of another battery. Maybe because the battery was too dead to charge i dunno.

Still this battery cant even be a year old and its not used much maybe thats the problem.

Post Likes
    I have 12v max , replaced 2 batteries for free at dewalt both over a year old. They have I think 2 year warranty take it to your nearest dewalt dealer.

Post Likes
    It's the charger's problem, if the battery gets to low the charger doesn't recognize it and won't start charging. I use rc chargers for most of my batteries and never run into this type of problem.
    Remember, li ion batteries don't like to be run down to low so charge them often.

Post Likes
    A

Still this battery cant even be a year old and its not used much maybe thats the problem.
    OK, you got one problem resolved. If U have further concerns you can return it for a warranty replacement because it is under a year.

May I ask why U did not return it since it is still under warranty. Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Lithium Ion batteries warrantied by DeWalt longer than just one year?

Post Likes
    Sometimes you have to remind the DEWALT dealers that Warranty Information

This DEWALT® High Performance Industrial Tool comes with a warranty package that includes:

• 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
    • 2 Year Free Service Warranty
    • 3 Year Limited Warranty

Post Likes
    Lowes would want a reciept or proof or purchase which i dont have dewalt told me to take it to the authorized repair center its not close and hard to get over there while im running calls

Post Likes
    Thanks for starting this thread... Brought a 12v max battery back from the dead doing this yesterday.

Post Likes
    Lowes would want a reciept or proof or purchase which i dont have dewalt told me to take it to the authorized repair center its not close and hard to get over there while im running calls
    That's unusual...Lowes always honors my returns...I just had to give them my phone number.

But that aside, you been given the the best information to resolve your problem but you say time will not allow you to get to DeWalt service center. So how can we help any further? If this tool is as important to your work as you infer, than I suggest you ship it or make time to drop it off.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in