Appion MegaFlow Rig

Okay fellas, what's the word from the field on this thing? Looks like smart money....
    http://www.appioninc.com/products/mgakitfeatures.html
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

We use this setup at work, without the manifold gauge. We have the manifold gauge, but don't use it. We just don't need it.

Straight from Appion Tez8 using the larger 1/2" hoses and valve core remover tools, run the micron gauge off the valve core remover auxiliary port.

This setup will pull a lineset below 500 microns in under a minute. Keep pullin' on the system and I can get it under 100 microns before lunch time.

Appion has been a very good line for us. We modified the Appion kit to eliminate the manifold and have had a lot of success with this kit. It is a great kit for residential and light commercial, up to about 75 tons. The Appion manifold is great when you have a larger commercial system with a lot of access ports. With that manifold you can connect 2) 1/2" hoses and 2) 3/8" hoses to the system. You can use the manifold for smaller systems also, but we found it better and more cost effective to only use it when you need it. The core tools can be used to isolate the vacuum rig when you charge the system.

I also put together this training page.

http://www.trutechtools.com/Vacuum-Training_c_1100.html

If you follow the processes outlined in the video and in the training page you can cut a lot of time off your evacuations.
    JLB,

Can you charge a unit with the appion manifold.

Can and would being two different things, I would not as the hoses would hold a ton of refrigerant. I would bet a 6' 1/2' hose could hold a 1/4 to 1/2 pound of liquid refrigerant. I do have the manifold and I use it only for recovery. The Megaflow kit works well for that also as we have the same issues with vapor recovery after the liquid is out that we have with removing air. Using the G5 twin with the Megaflow kit is as impressive as seeing in in action in an evacuation. I took 14 lbs of 404a from a system in under 8 minutes and had it down to 10" of vacuum.
    JLB,

I would just be concerned about loosing my vacumn on a system when switching hoses and gauges and so forth.

That is what the core tools are for. There is very little chance of loosing vacuum using the method shown in the video.
    JLB,

I use the Mega flow kit, TEZ8, and the SMAN4 for microns. I can pull a 30 ton R-22 PCA down below 500 microns in 45-60 minutes and change the vacuum pump oil in seconds if it gets saturated. They are both well worth the money.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post

I also put together this training page.

http://www.trutechtools.com/Vacuum-Training_c_1100.html

If you follow the processes outlined in the video and in the training page you can cut a lot of time off your evacuations.
    Just read through that page - what a good read!

One thing that I apparently do wrong, is when purging nitrogen I tend to purge quickly at a high pressure. I'll start doing it at just a few PSI.

Thanks!