+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chiller Replacement

Post Likes

Chiller Replacement

This is a powerpax replacing a york centrifugal. It was done 4 times to replace 4 chillers.
    Parrallel 150mm CU cables.

Before:
    2 x 800A Contactors 1 x Soft Starter
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29694413/wo...e/IMG_0195.JPG

After:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29694413/wo...e/IMG_0182.JPG

Leading into the chiller
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29694413/wo...e/IMG_0181.JPG

Job completed apart from waterproofing, painting, pipe lagging (but thats not my job :P)
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29694413/wo...e/IMG_0179.JPG

Post Likes
    looks nice

Post Likes
    WOW very nice work

Post Likes
    That is nice. Thanks for sharing. That looks like some kind of Trane equipment to the left. Maybe something we don't see here in the US?

Post Likes
    Just another chiller that they use as a backup.

Post Likes
    "Just another chiller..."? Man, as a former Trane guy, that kinda hurts, lol. I just don't recognize it as a model we would see here, and I was curious as to what type of chiller, such as a gear-drive centrifugal or something else? I think Trane makes at least a couple of water cooled chillers that aren't sold here. If you don't remember, that's OK. Thanks, anyway.

Post Likes
    well, it is 'Just another chiller' when there are 4 others up there - haha. I believe it was a centrifugal. It just sits there looking pretty for most of the time as there is no real need for it. You would of been devastated then when they went to remove the old ones, cut up with a 9" grinder or plasma cutter.

Post Likes
    Thanks, Risbo. It's a shame they couldn't have sold those old ones. I've seen that done here a few times. I'm not familar with Powerpax. Are those Tubocore compressors sitting up there? I've seen and read about them, but I've never seen one "in the flesh". How do you like those units?

Post Likes
    Yeah, the old ones were at least 30 years old if not older. The Powerpax use the Turbocor Compressors which are great. They're self controlling and operate well to load demand changes. They are relatively new though, 3-5 years, so no one actually knows if there are any long term issues with them. They are pretty popular in Sydney, I've installed about 30 of them total my self in the past 3 Years.

Best part about them is that you can either crane them in fully assembled or take them up in pieces and put it together. Another thing also the compressors, line filters and switchboard/control board are fully customizable - Basically you order it how you want it, eg if you want to terminate to the left of the Chiller since you may have existing cables there already then that's how it is ordered.

Post Likes
    Purdy work

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in