Bryant 3 Ton Package Heat Pump popping 3A fuse

I have a 3 Ton Bryant package heat pump that is popping the 3A fuse. It will run for about 10 minutes when cold before popping the fuse. Once the unit is "warmed" up, it immediately pops the fuse when I reset it.

I have a secondary fuse box outside that has 30A, 40A, and 60A circuit breakers. Whatever is causing the issue is tied to the 40A breaker. When I reset the 3A and click the breakers back on outside, only the 40A causes the 3A to pop.

I have already replaced the thermostat inside, as well as ran new 18 gauge from the thermostat to the heat pump.

I don't really see any burn marks on the inside of the door. The 3A pops even when the door is off, so I don't think it has to do with contact with the door. I couldn't see a spark anywhere when the 3A pops.

I do know how to use a multimeter but I don't know where to or how to trace a short in an HVAC system.

I'm hoping a training eye might see something that I clearly don't. I have the service manual pdf but I think it was too large to upload to here.

Name:  3A Fuse.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  44.7 KBName:  20130124_134115.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  43.2 KBName:  20130124_134122.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  56.5 KBName:  20130124_134126.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  52.1 KBName:  20130124_134130.jpg
Size:  54.7 KBName:  20130124_134141.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  44.7 KBName:  20130124_134155.jpg
Size:  66.0 KBName:  20130124_141053.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  52.4 KBName:  20130124_141104.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  38.4 KB

Well, the areas you are tinkering with are high voltage which can mean dead if you mess up. You have stated that you don't know how to use a multi meter which makes it all that much worse. While the problem you are having is most likely on the low voltage side, it all ties together in the same locations. It will take a professional with a multi meter and knowledge of your piece of equipment to solve the issue. The rules of this site are pretty clear with regards to DIY so you won't get any better advise other than to call a professional. Button it back up before you or someone else gets electrocuted.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

I can't see any issues in the pictures. It may be time to call a HVAC service company.
    I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Thanks. I said I do know how to use a multimeter, I've just not traced a short in a HVAC system. I thought by indicating the 40A breaker that was tied to the short, someone could narrow down the components or wiring that could be the culprit. Then i could cut the power and check for conductivity. Unfortunately, i already paid someone to come out. They replaced the thermostat and it worked for less than a day. He's the one who suggested replacing the wiring between the thermostat and the unit.Oh well, thank you though.