+ Reply to Thread

Thread: E 15 warning

Post Likes

E 15 warning

Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Omg. The Govt actually passed something on to the consumers without testing it. They're not that incompetent are they.

Post Likes
    I've known for a long time that ethanol is for drinking, not for fuel

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by danbb View Post
    I've known for a long time that ethanol is for drinking, not for fuel
    Amen

Post Likes
    Leave it to Fox News to make a trip to the gas station sound like the nuclear apocalypse!

Being serious though, most of that is true, ethanol is like acid to rubber fuel lines, and it's not nearly as efficient as pure gasoline is.
    Corn farmers are hooked on that subsidy though!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    Being serious though, most of that is true, ethanol is like acid to rubber fuel lines, and it's not nearly as efficient as pure gasoline is.
    Corn farmers are hooked on that subsidy though!
    Yeah, and if that's not bad enough, you ever seen a small engine carburetor that has run on this garbage? I think it wastes more resources since most people are inclined to replace engine-powered equipment like that instead of spending just as much on rebuilding the carb

Post Likes
    I have a small inlet screen in the fuel tank on my 1980 Suzuki dirt bike that has essentially dissolved into the carburetor. I suspect it's from ethanol.
    It's also dissolved the seals in the petcock, so it pisses out gas when the tank is full.
    But it's ok I guess, who needs money, when you have a government spending it for you?

Post Likes
    after the carb issues of crapped up carbs on both bikes twice last year . i take the time to buy gas from the ONLY place that sells non ethanol laced fuel for use in my vintage triples ( cleaning,re-synching,etc aint no fun )

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by danbb View Post
    Yeah, and if that's not bad enough, you ever seen a small engine carburetor that has run on this garbage? I think it wastes more resources since most people are inclined to replace engine-powered equipment like that instead of spending just as much on rebuilding the carb
    That's why I run Shell 91 in all my small engines (mower, snowblower, leafblower). It's the only alcohol-free fuel on the Canadian market. Ethanol is big in Brazil and can be made to work with the right fuel system, especially since we need renewable fuel sources, but the stuff on the North American market isn't designed for it. Maybe we should switch to the algal diesel and biodiesel instead.

Post Likes
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in