Hybrid View

TAC VISTA - Commissioning a VAV causes VISTA to lock-up.

After commissioning a new VAV the system freezes and server must be rebooted. Here is the kicker... the system is on a virtual server (not on-site) and uses Lon. We are not sure if maybe Lonmaker, Visio, or VISTA is causing the problem. There is a slight bump on the processor; however, net traffic is good. IT department states nothing is being blocked. Any insight or feedback is good.

Thank you,

The Bugster

I wanted to update all on this since nobody seemed to want to respond whether due to lack of information or other reasons. What we have been able to prove is that LonMaker shows VAV's online, but Vista every so often presents some of them offline. I am also trying to find information on Vista's compatibility within virtual server environment. Some of Vista's documentation shows compatibility with WAN using ISDN but not specific to Virtual Servers. Any insight to this lengthy issue would be appreciated. Note: we have contacted the local vendor, but they have been unresponsive to compatibility documents.

More info
    Vista Version, OS version, 32/64 bit, Lonmaker version, etc

How are you commissioning the VAV, I assume in LonMaker, but then are you updating Vista after?

What is your IP interface to get to the Virtual Server from FT-10? LIP, Xenta Server, iLon?
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/