Lennox Prodigy BACnet Commands

I am having issues with a BACnet commands to Lennox M2 Prodigy controller. The units seam to work most of the time but occasionally hang up in the previous mode. Stays in Heating Mode ( 225 ), Or Fan only Mode ( 9 ) or Off Mode ( 6 ). Once it has been manually reset ( 254 ) it will start working again. I am using Reliable Controls to send the BACnet commands. Lennox suggestions was to change to ( 0 ) then switch to desired mode, but it just hangs up waiting for the Mode to change to ( 0 )/ Auto or ( 224 ) Idle. Any thoughts?

I brought a lot of these units into Jaces and they worked out nice. Why not run units off a local sensor and write to setpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by mechmike2 View Post
    I brought a lot of these units into Jaces and they worked out nice. Why not run units off a local sensor and write to setpoints.
    I like the units, but I would like it more if the BACnet commands would work reliably. I will be adding another panel for Heat,Cool,Vent and Occupancy from a dry contacts and write the rest of the point via BACnet. I have a couple units at another site that have work well since start up. That what the original plan for this site until the points got switch to lighting controls.

When using the BACnet commands with the prodigy m2 do you use Zone or Remote mode. I am having a problem where im using a BMS in remote mode but the Lennox system keep switching to back up and im unsure why.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgowanjj View Post
    When using the BACnet commands with the prodigy m2 do you use Zone or Remote mode. I am having a problem where im using a BMS in remote mode but the Lennox system keep switching to back up and im unsure why.
    If the controller does not receive a BACnet command for more for ~5 minutes it goes into back up mode. I use a write command every 2 minutes. Q

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCAX View Post
    If the controller does not receive a BACnet command for more for ~5 minutes it goes into back up mode. I use a write command every 2 minutes. Q
    I have found the problem and have selected The zone mode.

ZONE − In this mode, the rooftop unit is controlled by zone
    temperature setpoints (AO109, AV130 − AV133) and occupancy
    state (AO104). Zone temperature is monitored and
    compared to the appropriate zone temperature setpoints.
    Zone temperature can be provided by local sensor or network
    value (AO113).

REMOTE − In this mode, the rooftop unit is controlled by
    network demands for heating/cooling in the form of application
    mode commands (AO101). This mode assumes
    a remote thermostat; occupancy demands must be sent
    using AO103, AO104 or AO107; remote demands must be
    sent using AO101 values 208, 209, and 224 − 236.

in remote mode the prodigy will assume that the BMS is a thermostat however the problem i am now having is that in zone mode I need to keep the hvac in cooling mode and off if the space is unoccupied.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgowanjj View Post
    I have found the problem and have selected The zone mode.

ZONE − In this mode, the rooftop unit is controlled by zone
    temperature setpoints (AO109, AV130 − AV133) and occupancy
    state (AO104). Zone temperature is monitored and
    compared to the appropriate zone temperature setpoints.
    Zone temperature can be provided by local sensor or network
    value (AO113).

REMOTE − In this mode, the rooftop unit is controlled by
    network demands for heating/cooling in the form of application
    mode commands (AO101). This mode assumes
    a remote thermostat; occupancy demands must be sent
    using AO103, AO104 or AO107; remote demands must be
    sent using AO101 values 208, 209, and 224 − 236.

in remote mode the prodigy will assume that the BMS is a thermostat however the problem i am now having is that in zone mode I need to keep the hvac in cooling mode and off if the space is unoccupied.
    I had trouble the occupied/unoccupied mode switching the fan from On to auto. It was just easier to use remote mode and send the commands according to the space conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCAX View Post
    I had trouble the occupied/unoccupied mode switching the fan from On to auto. It was just easier to use remote mode and send the commands according to the space conditions.
    I am having this same problem. The HVAC selects the cooling,auto,heating,off, fan only, fan auto and fan on based on the Temperature setpoint, occupancy scheduler control and space temperature input

and i only need it to stay in cooling mode if occupied and off if unoccupied. Any suggestion because I dont want to use the remote mode

I would have to know the details of the application to suggest other. You can use dry contacts in Moniter only mode for heat cool vent and occupied. Lennox tech support was not much help before and actually suggested changes that caused the gas heat to run continously.