IA Workplace Tech 4.0 on Windows 7

Large site doesnt want 5+ yet. Need to stay with workplace tech 4.0 but was curious if anyone has ran it on windows 7?

Thank You

Or if you know a way to open 5.0 with out a prompt every time.

Thanks

Without a prompt for what? If you don't register/license WPT, it will nag you every time you start it. No way around it.

Best thing to do is either upgrade to WPT (The latest being 5.8.6), or keep the previous operating system that the customer is using.

The newest version of WPT 4 is at least 9 years old. WPT 5.8.6 has a lot of improvements that were lacking in older versions.
    NeonHomer
    BAS/BMS Technician/Computer Technician

The definition of cruel joke is when you start work in BAS, and you run into your old T&B employer on the job.

Thanks For the reply.The Prompt i talk about is the Nag screen you get when you open a older rev controller with newer software.
    This campus has over 5K IA Lon Devices with a loarge crew and it becomes a issue for some. So we normally stagger significant upgrades and with money being a little tight i do not see it happening.
    However with XP endding I would still like to stay with WPT 4.0 but on a later OS although unsupported many times this works and was hoping someone else got it to work to confirm.

Thanks

I personally haven't tried it. I'm on Windows 7 with 5.8.6 without issues.

I would imagine if you use a 32-bit version of Windows 7, and the latest version of 4.0 (that you are allowed to use), it should work fine.

I don't think I have seen that particular nag screen. I've worked on some older IA Lon systems, but don't recall that screen.

BTW - XP isn't ending. It's just the support for new updates are ending. XP will continue to work just fine. If you don't put that machine on an open network, keep the antivirus and antimalware programs updated, you shouldn't have a problem.
    NeonHomer
    BAS/BMS Technician/Computer Technician

The definition of cruel joke is when you start work in BAS, and you run into your old T&B employer on the job.