Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New furnace and heat pump installed today

Our Lennox SLP98 and XP17 were installed today and I'd like to get some critiques of the install. How does it look? I can provide more pics if needed.

Out with the old....

In with the new....

Looks pretty good.

well done..... the only issue i have is no return air elbow..... nice work though.......
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 01-09-2013 at 05:48 AM. Reason: non AOP member

Quote Originally Posted by tkhvacguy View Post
    Not to impressed with the way the lineset runs right in front of the service door and alway did hate when a unit is that close to what appears to be a dryer vent
    The vent by the heat pump isn't hooked up to anything. I'm not sure what used to be there but it was capped from the inside when we bought the house.

Quote Originally Posted by tkhvacguy View Post
    Not to impressed with the way the line set runs right in front of the service door and always did hate when a unit is that close to what appears to be a dryer vent

X2

that line set would be a failure if I were quality control!!

wonder if the "vent" was/is for fresh air?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

tkhvacguy

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

I'd hate to ever have to work on that heat pump. Line set and seal tight should have been ran down the wall then over to it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

the unit is to close to the house Im sure in the install instructions it will state a min. clearence of prob. 18" or even 2'
    also the fact that it faces the wrong way with the lines crossing the access pannel will be hard to service
    though it is a fairly nice looking install clean looks and good workmanship
    its allways eiseir to stand back and pick apart someonelses work to say would-a should-a could-a

+1 on hte dryer vent. I really hope that's a fresh air intake of some sort. A codnenser coil will make a fine lint catcher and the warm moist air will make nice ice, droppping effciency by putting you into defrost a little quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by mechanical'al View Post
    the unit is to close to the house Im sure in the install instructions it will state a min. clearence of prob. 18" or even 2'
    also the fact that it faces the wrong way with the lines crossing the access pannel will be hard to service
    though it is a fairly nice looking install clean looks and good workmanship
    its allways eiseir to stand back and pick apart someonelses work to say would-a should-a could-a
    I think the service panel size was intentionally rotated so you could palce it 6" away form the wall. I know Carrier allows 6" if there's 12" on two sides and and 24" on the service panel side. Personally I'd want at least 12" to a wall.

lineset needs to be elbowed down and routed for free access to service, an inspector should catch that and make them move it, there is no way to service compressor,and internal components, electrical likewise....FAIL
    Total Energy Management, inc

there is no trap on the condensate line. so the vent is ALWAYS blowing air. I bet if you check the installation instructions, a trap is required.
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast