Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: x-13 evap motor

x-13 evap motor

Hello guy's I need some direction on where to find trouble shooting information on this motor I heard something about a meter but I rather go old fashion amp probe/ohms ect. thanks in advance. George

Quote Originally Posted by george alvarez View Post
    Hello guy's I need some direction on where to find trouble shooting information on this motor I heard something about a meter but I rather go old fashion amp probe/ohms ect. thanks in advance. George
    Really don't need to trouble shoot them, if there not working or working correctly, more than likely its the module. Pull the motor and take it to the supply house, if it's in warranty and they will give you an new one. If it's not in warranty sell them a new motor.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Special tester for EC motors you can get for about $ (I have used mine a handful of times)- see here < A bit more info then should be in an open forum>
    Yes, 99% of the time its the module - sounds like $ to me!
    Last edited by beenthere; 01-09-2013 at 06:31 AM. Reason: DIY diagnostic link and price

That was for a VS RCM, and not an X13 motor.

A bit more info then should be in an open forum, I removed the vid.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

you can go to genteq.com they have several videos on ecm & x13

Quote Originally Posted by blaster50 View Post
    you can go to genteq.com they have several videos on ecm & x13
    You can also look on www.thedealertoolbox.com
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

I bought that tester from the dealer toolbox and never use it. If im getting power to the motor and its not spinning thats all i need to know so i just replace the motor, no need to spend time on further diagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrettservices View Post
    I bought that tester from the dealer toolbox and never use it. If im getting power to the motor and its not spinning thats all i need to know so i just replace the motor, no need to spend time on further diagnosis.
    Except it is usually just the module, the motor is usually fine.
    Modules cost less than half of what the whole motor and module cost together.

The most common failure on ECM2.x motors is also field repairable with a $1.60 part, and a soldering iron, in about 20 minutes.
    It doesn't even take soldering skills much more advanced than those of a spastic ADD monkey.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

let me elaborate: Nearly all my ecm failures are under warranty so I am not billing my customers for parts so that's why I don't even try to diagnose it further because the warehouses around here only stock them as a whole and not just the cap. I would love some insight on that cheap part your talking about:>

Check for 24 v between c and 1,2,3,4 or 5 if its there the motors bad if not check somewhere else. Check for 230v or 120v between l and n

what he said. if youve got 24 volts and line voltage to it, bad module. Weve had tons of issues with the x13 especially after storms.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrettservices View Post
    I would love some insight on that cheap part your talking about:>
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....+ECM2.3+repair
    To bad I didn't have a better camera when I did that one. Next time I repair one, I'll take much better pictures, and do more of an instructional post.

Quote Originally Posted by techonsite View Post
    Weve had tons of issues with the x13 especially after storms.
    http://www.getzebra.com/products.asp?cat=2
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

My experience with ECM or ICM's (as you will) and more specifically the precursor to the X13 goes back about 15 years when I was a product engineer for Carrier. They suffer from transient spikes and almost 2 decades later the problem persists.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast