R410a leak dectector

What electronic leak detector would you guys recommend for r410a

I use the Inficon D-Tek Select. I have had great success with it. It's 22, 410, 404, 502, and many more.

http://www.inficonrefrigerantleakdet...kdetector.html

I've dropped it, gotten it wet and dirty, and it stills does a great job. Just have to remember to change the tip filter regularly. It comes with wall charger and a car charger. The car charger has really come in handy.

Others may differ but this is, by far, the best leak detector I've ever owned.

I have that one as well...seems to work good...also have an h-10 and lots of soap.... and old faithfull ..my halide
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

I have the same one, it goes off when u expose it to a jog Of 410, But when i actually look for a 410 during a service call it rarely goes off even After i replaced the tip, how old is yours,ive had mines for about 6 years

I've had mine for over 3 years.

Im going to double check the manual again to see what refrigerants it detects again

I know that my model does R410A. I've detected tons of 410A leaks.

Maybe the older models didn't?

I cannot say that i am happy with my H-10 for detecting 410A.

Adjusting it to it's highest sensitivity and smallest leak setting is problematic...if the sensor grows weak, as it will, the detection reliability falls of drastically. That has been my experience.

redundant post.

some thing is up with my PC. It's producing multiply posts.

My apologies. Will look into it.

[QUOTmy [/QUOTE]

redundant post

Quote Originally Posted by carmon View Post
    I have that one as well...seems to work good...also have an h-10 and lots of soap.... and old faithfull ..my halide
    halide works on 410-a?

I purchased a something zx for 410a and it is ok. but if you turn the screwon the bottom of your h10 I believe clockwise 1/4 to 1/2 a turn it is supposed to work better. That came from bacharach.

I am trying to find the Sensitivity for R410a for the H10G and H10PM and I will forward them to you as soon as I can, but in the meantime, please review the attached document.

Although I do not know the Sensitivity specs, I do know that increasing the heater voltage and using the small manual leak mode will aid in detection of R410a.

Tom Mac
    Bacharach, Inc.
    621 Hunt Valley Circle
    New Kensington, PA 15068
    Phone: 724-334-5049
    Email: tomm@mybacharach.com
    dogboy