Hybrid View

Cool Hello all I am Ron from SC

I have been a paramedic for the past 6 years and have decided to make a change and always having a interest in HVAC I decided to become one so here I am in my second semester "advance HVAC" and I cold not have been happier so far I enjoy metal detecting as my hobby and plan on going. Ino business for my self in the nea future . So that's enough about me. Tha is Ron

Smile

Hello Ron and welcome!

Congrats on choosing a great career. The desire to go into business for yourself is indicative of self-motivation and a willingness to work hard. However, you should get a few years of experience under your belt before taking that plunge. Also, prospective employers are often reluctant to hire someone with your aspirations. They don't want to invest in your training to see you go elsewhere or try to compete (usually by trying to undercut labor rates.)
    Most importantly, as the lady sings: R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
    The experienced folks on this forum have trained and worked, long and hard to become craftsmen, masters of the trade. You will find that the more you learn, the less that you know. That is, as I remember being told: "you don't know what you don't know".
    Get a good job first, learn from the more experienced techs. Remember: EVERYONE has something to teach you. Pay attention, be respectful and you will go far.
    Hang in there! You will make it if you honestly try!

Best regards,

Bill Mechanicsville, Va.

Thank you for the words of encouragement. That is what I have had a few people that are in the field already tell me to do so that's what I am going to do. Thank you again for the kind words sincerely Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by BIRCHGOOSE View Post
    Thank you for the words of encouragement. That is what I have had a few people that are in the field already tell me to do so that's what I am going to do. Thank you again for the kind words sincerely Ron.
    What part of SC are you in Ron, I'm in Anderson (upstate)

I am in Hanahan outside of charleston