Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just make sure the homeowner understands that the heat exchanger is the ONLY part covered by a warranty. Sounds crazy but sometimes homeowners think a new heat exchanger, compressor, a-coil etc means the system won't have any more problems and everything is under warranty.

Or the heat exchanger that was replaced 9 years ago in my 25 year Lennox should still have 11 more years!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Off topic a bit but: I went on one Monday I put a float switch in a condensate removal pump 2 1/2 years ago and a couple of the guys replaced the heat exchangers last winter. The float switch failed and he thought we should have changed the condensate pump while the guys were there. He actually asked why the system wasn't fixed properly.

DONT UNDERSTAND EVERYONES CRYING ABOUT CHANGING HEAT EXCHANGERS.

1. its lighter than new furnace.
    2. it only takes half a day instead of whole day.
    3. still can make 500-1000 dollar profit.

the day i learned to just relax take my time and enjoy my job.

Quote Originally Posted by icyflame View Post
    Would anybody in there right mind replace a primary heat exchanger in a 1993 Goodman Model # GMPN1004 REV A 92%: Serial 98056181 7A. The Furnace is clean and well maintained and the customer is demanding two more years of service as he is planning to sale the home!
    I am thinking the unit is a 98 and not a 93 by the serial number. Am I wrong? 92% what are you going to change it out to a 95% and gain only 3-5% eff.? I believe warranty is 20 years and I would replace the whole H/E. While at it. Oh yes I would change it out.

dogboy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12