Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ac_man View Post
    I did check the high voltage and low voltage ground, they were firm and secured
    Dirty flame sensor, dirty/rusty burner face, low gas pressure and Bad ground will cause low flame signal which you don't have. The board can fail to sense that flame.

Thanks bro

Where should i check the ground
    I would start by checking from your "neutrals" on the board to any place on the chassis that is a good ground, make sure the unit is calling for heat. Also read it from the flame sensor to chassis and then to neutral on board, again make sure the unit is calling for heat. your going to read a .03 volts, maybe a little more or less, anymore you have a grounding issue.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    I would start by checking from your "neutrals" on the board to any place on the chassis that is a good ground, make sure the unit is calling for heat. Also read it from the flame sensor to chassis and then to neutral on board, again make sure the unit is calling for heat. your going to read a couple volts, anymore you have a grounding issue.
    Would i have to disconnect any neutral wires or just test to a OPEn neutral terminal?

Would i have to disconnect any neutral wires or just test to a OPEn neutral terminal?
    I had to go back and edit the volts don't know what I was thinking, No just read from the way I listed it, you don't have to to disconnect anything. I had a 1993 Ruud unit last week that I discovered a bad ground on from the flame sensor to the board, it was acting the same as your unit. Most of the time I find it's a bad sensor or board, and I was just about to condemn the board when I discovered a bad ground. The ground wire from the sensor to the molex plug was loose, I have a tool to take out the pins in the molex plugs, and I just installed a new pin and it was good to go.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

I had to go back and edit the volts don't know what I was thinking, No just read from the way I listed it, you don't have to to disconnect anything. I had a 1993 Ruud unit last week that I discovered a bad ground on from the flame sensor to the board, it was acting the same as your unit. Most of the time I find it's a bad sensor or board, and I was just about to condemn the board when I discovered a bad ground.
    What did you do as a repair

What did you do as a repair
    The wire from the sensor to the molex plug on the board was not making a good connection, I have a tool to take out the pins in the molex plugs, and I just pulled the old pin out, cut it off and installed a new pin and it was good to go.

does it have diagnostic light?

Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    does it have diagnostic light?
    Can't always count on them, the Ruud unit I repaired was flashing a pressure switch code.

I would start by checking from your "neutrals" on the board to any place on the chassis that is a good ground, make sure the unit is calling for heat. Also read it from the flame sensor to chassis and then to neutral on board, again make sure the unit is calling for heat. your going to read a .03 volts, maybe a little more or less, anymore you have a grounding issue.
    Thank you mister bill. I like that answer im gonna mess around with this next lab day at scool loosen wires and what not

What is the Model number of the furnace?
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

The wire from the sensor to the molex plug on the board was not making a good connection, I have a tool to take out the pins in the molex plugs, and I just pulled the old pin out, cut it off and installed a new pin and it was good to go.
    What is the tool you have, and where can it be purchased?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast