Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Attic tubing leak

Hello, I recently noticed my a/c vent leaking water. I went to the attic and checked out everything. The ac pan is dry and the valve is dry but I found a hole in the tubing connected to the vent. There is water leaking out of it. What could be the cause and can I Diy or do I need a professional? Clueless.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

What kind of tubing and what kiind of vent. Is this a high effeciency furnace?
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

I am really clueless to this info but the tubing looks similar to aluminum foil but is extremely large about the diameter of a basketball goal. As for the vent idk.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

This is a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Are you running your ac? If so you do have issues and your registers and ducts look like they need attention. If you are not running your ac i would suggest a roof leak. Anyhow time for a service company to take a look.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

I'm assuming you are not using this system for heat, only for cooling. Could be condensation on the register and inside the attic piping. Especially if you have a humidifier or vaporizor running inside the home?

Only running heat right now, no ac. Should I lean towards a plummer, or ac service techs?

More like put a piece of cardboard in it to stop the gravity/convention flow of air from going through your duct system.

The warm air from your house is entering the duct work. cooling down and the moisture is condensing. Not an uncommon occurrence.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

You put the cardboard over the vent?

If you have a filter return grille. open it and put the card board inside it. usually only have to do the return. once in a while a supply has to be done also. And in that case putting the cardboard over top is what you end up having to do.
    Contractor locator map

We are assuming you don't use this duct system for the heating ...right?

I'm completely green to this so educate me please. Is the return filter the main ac filter or is it on the ceiling where the duct connects to?

If you have a single return in the ceiling. is that where your air filter is. if so, thats where the card board goes. But as above, thats presuming that you don't get your heat from that duct system also.
    Contractor locator map

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast