Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanx for nothing, Barry

The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

So I guess the "payroll tax" should have been part of the deal? The R's would never have allowed it since it is capped at only 106000, well below their benefactors incomes.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    So I guess the "payroll tax" should have been part of the deal? The R's would never have allowed it since it is capped at only 106000, well below their benefactors incomes.

The "Bush Tax Cuts" affected everyone who pays taxes. Bush was a republican. There you libs go again with the R's as you put it are for the rich. Hogwash.
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

The Bush tax cuts did not affect the payroll tax. There you cons go again with confusing the issue. The 112th House fought making Bush's temporary tax cuts permanent for 98% of America. What would make anyone think the Repubs are not more concerned for the high wealth folks?

As usual... Dems and Libs ignore the issues...

We do NOT have a tax issue, we have a spending issue. When govt gets realistic about lowering spending, we will be on the road to recovery. Until then... I would not count on much beyond survival.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    As usual... Dems and Libs ignore the issues...

We do NOT have a tax issue, we have a spending issue. When govt gets realistic about lowering spending, we will be on the road to recovery. Until then... I would not count on much beyond survival.
    Obama says he would tackle the spending issue on a one to one ratio of dollar cut to dollar raised. Think if we could manage two dollars cut for every one raised when our federal government went after its deficit I think he could also.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Not unusual for Repubs and cons to ignore reality.
    Economic progress is slow but headed in the right direction, austerity measures will benefit the investor class but throw the rest of the country back into recession. To ignore this basic fact would be the height of arrogance that their ideology is right even though it has been disproven - repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Nobody should be really surprised. When Obama was elected the first time, one of his first moves was to slap a tax on the poor with the smoke tax. Re-elected, once again he will tax the poor first thing out of the chute..

[Midway between the two he had obamacare, again, that is a tax on the poor.]
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

the only thing that Congress and Barry have done is temporarily end the debate about the fiscal cliff.

Taxes ARE going up, and spending as well. Until Congress and the POTUS cut spending, we are doomed.

Lets not forget the Fed is still spending on QE III, billions of dollars are still being printed as we type. With no end in sight
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Not unusual for Repubs and cons to ignore reality.
    Economic progress is slow but headed in the right direction, austerity measures will benefit the investor class but throw the rest of the country back into recession. To ignore this basic fact would be the height of arrogance that their ideology is right even though it has been disproven - repeatedly.

I am not even sure where to begin..

Economic progress is slow but headed in the right direction,

We have spent the last 4 years with skyrocketing national debt and national deficit tripling or quadrupling by the trillion measure. Right direction? I think you must have fallen through the looking glass to think that.

austerity measures will benefit the investor class but throw the rest of the country back into recession

No. If we can get the bums in D.C. to stop spending money like drunken sailors we can reduce the debt and deficit and get the fiscal economy of the USA on the right track. It is not now on the right track.

Austerity is a loaded word. Debt and deficit are not loaded words. 8% unemployment is not a loaded word.

To ignore this basic fact would be the height of arrogance

I agree, this applies to my reply.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I am not even sure where to begin..

Economic progress is slow but headed in the right direction,

We have spent the last 4 years with skyrocketing national debt and national deficit tripling or quadrupling by the trillion measure. Right direction? I think you must have fallen through the looking glass to think that.

Have you noticed that the country was in severe recession 4 years ago? The financial system was frozen and the buck was broken.

austerity measures will benefit the investor class but throw the rest of the country back into recession

No. If we can get the bums in D.C. to stop spending money like drunken sailors we can reduce the debt and deficit and get the fiscal economy of the USA on the right track. It is not now on the right track.

Austerity is a loaded word. Debt and deficit are not loaded words. 8% unemployment is not a loaded word.

What SPECIFIC programs should be on the chopping block? If we take money away from the people who spend it what does that do to the economy?

To ignore this basic fact would be the height of arrogance

I agree, this applies to my reply.
    Things are not as simple as the T party makes them out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Obama says he would tackle the spending issue on a one to one ratio of dollar cut to dollar raised. Think if we could manage two dollars cut for every one raised when our federal government went after its deficit I think he could also.
    You guys up there are interested in saving and perserving your way of life. This guy down here is not. He's only interested in bringing us down to our knees and selling the country off. He's only interested in keeping himself in his loft above the rest of us while we scramble for scraps, if there are any.

Until folks get this any arguement or point of view absolutely makes not difference. Once they get it and truly understand his nature and his working then they will shake in fear..........since he has now built an army so dependent on him and his whims that getting him out of office is going to be next to impossible for every on.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Have you noticed that the country was in severe recession 4 years ago? The financial system was frozen and the buck was broken.

I know that, and I know typically a recession lasts about 18 months. You are making my point for me. You can even blame the initial recession on Bush, I'll let you go UN-challenged because 4 years later it really doesn't matter anymore. Obama and his liberal crowd of hopers and changers own this economy. And the economy sucks.

What SPECIFIC programs should be on the chopping block? If we take money away from the people who spend it what does that do to the economy?

Well, I am a little taken aback by that question.... Again I hardly know where to begin. I'll give it a shot. Idiotic research grants, such as 'why does pizza burn your mouth' type foolishness. Obamaphones. Rural access phone line tax/development fee and spending if any of that money is actually allocated as suggested. Department of Education, states can handle it. I would really like to see some surgically heinous cuts to HUD and Department of Agriculture, not saying they should be entirely eliminated. And the abortion federal program, can't think of the name for some reason. Oh yea, Planned Abortion, or something like that. That is just off of the top of my head, If I were to research it, I could come up much more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast