Post Likes

Erie pop top actuator

Today i installed an erie pop top, 24v, 3 way, 2 position diverting valve for a hot water coil. I accidentally got a N.C. Actuator because i wasnt thinking and the PTAC unit only works with a fail open (n.o.) actuator because its a heating coil. Everything is piped correctly its just not working because of the application. My question is can i buy a normally open actuator and slap it on without changeing any piping and get the coil to work?

Post Likes
    Yes- or just slap in a pam or rib relay to do the switching which may be hokey but if it's mission critical and availability is an issue. Most wholesalers will have ribs but errie pop tops not so much. Had to do it myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's just like it doesn't work. I mean it seems to be ok now, but it usually like never works"

"Never an always and always a maybe"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1234 View Post
    Yes- or just slap in a pam or rib relay to do the switching which may be hokey but if it's mission critical and availability is an issue. Most wholesalers will have ribs but errie pop tops not so much. Had to do it myself

Cool thanks. I thought so but i wasnt sure if the valve bodys were the same or not. Thanks its not critical at all or i would have just used a relay...i was going to do that as a permanent fix but then i realized it would still fail closed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bglenn525 View Post
    Cool thanks. I thought so but i wasnt sure if the valve bodys were the same or not. Thanks its not critical at all or i would have just used a relay...i was going to do that as a permanent fix but then i realized it would still fail closed.
    Yes they're the same and will work- we are a schnider dealer- i.e errie now Schnider so I'm quite familiar with them.

"It's just like it doesn't work. I mean it seems to be ok now, but it usually like never works"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1234 View Post
    Yes they're the same and will work- we are a schnider dealer- i.e errie now Schnider so I'm quite familiar with them.

Only difference is the NO doesn't have the manual lever