Thread: McQuay WSHP

Post Likes

Confused McQuay WSHP

I have McQuay WSHP M/N CCH036AMTS when u turn it on the blower comes on then flashes a HP alarm light few seconds later a brown out light on the control board, u can pusn in the contactor and the compresor will run! HP switch is ok and the voltage is in range - is the board defective! if i buy it i cannot send it back, what do u guys think.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mathias View Post
    I have McQuay WSHP M/N CCH036AMTS when u turn it on the blower comes on then flashes a HP alarm light few seconds later a brown out light on the control board, u can pusn in the contactor and the compresor will run! HP switch is ok and the voltage is in range - is the board defective! if i buy it i cannot send it back, what do u guys think.
    I'm not familiar with this unit, but I emailed you a manual in case it might be of some help.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    So are you saying that the compressor never starts on its own? Are the HP switch wires terminated correctly?

Post Likes
    Are you trying to run it in heating or cooling? McQuay low voltage hook up a little different than your typical heat pump connections
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

Post Likes
    is it a mark VI board and if it is is it the older dc board or ac? are you using a digital t/stat on it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillerout1 View Post
    is it a mark VI board and if it is is it the older dc board or ac? are you using a digital t/stat on it?
    It is an older stat 24volt a/c and dc

Post Likes
    generally when those boards go bad i just replace them with relays because of the price of the boards and just put a float switch in to replace the single wire sensor. more than likely the board is bad. as long as you are sure about the fault code.

Post Likes
    recently Dainkin started replacing the DC boards with AC only boards in DC marked boxes. These new boards require the DC reversing valve coil to be replaced.
    Mike