Thread: Distech ECL300

Post Likes

Confused Distech ECL300

I have a Distech controller that I curently cannot get to work. I am using LonMaker Tubo and have the Distech EFX Plugin V5.1 installed. I can commission, ping, and test the device fine through LonMaker. I open Efx and write the program to send to the controller. I can Build the program and send to the controller, but when I check all of the infomation for my Hardwired inputs and outputs, the values only change when I override them (When viewing though LonMaker Browse Plugin). When I go to Tools- Device Information, I get the following errors:

1) Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2) Application Message Request failed. (Subsystem: Data Server, #415)

It seems like I am having an issue with my NV's?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    Got this message after I connected to the server and then did a build and send (trying anything)

Message: This LNS object is stale (the database has been closed). Re-open the database and re-acquire stale LNS objects. (Subsystem: LNS, #116)
    Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
    at Echelon.LNS.Interop.ILcaExtension.get_Key()
    at Distech.Network.Data.Lon.Lns.LnsDatabaseFile.get_N ame()
    at Distech.Network.Data.GenericNetworkObjectCollectio n`1.get_Item(String name)
    at Distech.Network.Data.GenericNetworkObjectCollectio n`1.Contains(String name)
    at Distech.Network.Data.DatabaseFileHelper.WriteDatab aseFile(IDatabaseFileContainer owner, String baseName, Byte[] data)
    at Distech.Gpl.Model.Platforms.Common.CommonPlatform. SaveReferenceInformationDocument(XmlDocument referenceDocument)
    at Distech.Gpl.Model.Platforms.Platform.SaveToolboxRe ferences(Project project)

Closed everthing and reopened and got same thing. Cant seem to get these blinders off...

Post Likes
    Distech is great but i have only used it with AX. i did have a problem with the Lon ones trying to retro fit a sypder install. The Distech BcpLonNetwork has a default domain ID of 1.01. This works with the ECL controllers. My existing Lon devices were on domain 0. To get everything to play nicely together I had to change the domain ID in the ECLs with the AX lon commossion after i had disscovered them and set them up.

Post Likes
    A couple of things.... Does the device show as 'Online' in GFX?...... green light at bottom right of window. That would be my first check.
    When you say..."Check information for Hardware inputs and outputs" do you mean that you set the GFX to 'Debug Mode'?
    I once had a single output that behaved this way but I'm pretty sure that my guy connected voltage to a digital output. It would work fine in over-ride but never switched in auto mode.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Post Likes
    Thanks for the response,
    yes...the device does show online. No, by checking the hardwire points, I meant that I would view them through the Echelon AppDevice Browse plugin. I get those errors anytime I try to Debug. The program builds fine and gfx says that it was successful sending to the device. It seems to be the plugin. There are other Distech devices on the network and I am getting the same error. It is almost like LonMaker and the Distech plugin do not get along with each other.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bwags View Post
    Thanks for the response,
    yes...the device does show online. No, by checking the hardwire points, I meant that I would view them through the Echelon AppDevice Browse plugin. I get those errors anytime I try to Debug. The program builds fine and gfx says that it was successful sending to the device. It seems to be the plugin. There are other Distech devices on the network and I am getting the same error. It is almost like LonMaker and the Distech plugin do not get along with each other.
    There was a post a little while back about an issue with binds to the message tags.
    Not sure how it is done in lonmaker but somehow you delete the message tag and it rebuilds the bind.
    Do a quick search through the posts on distech GFX.
    It wasn't too long ago.

Post Likes
    Did you do a synchronize or just a build and send?

Post Likes
    I have tried both. I even ran the LNS synchronization in LonMaker.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bwags View Post
    I have tried both. I even ran the LNS synchronization in LonMaker.
    Hmm, well the only other thing I might try using another LNS database application. Distech's lonwatcher has a trial that lets you commission a few controllers during the trial period. If you want to go that route and need help locating the installer, let me know.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the idea. Did not think of that. I installed it and got the same errors.

Post Likes
    I'm just grasping at straws here, but I'd check the configuration of your LON card. I've seen a few errors on other peoples PCs when these values didn't match.