Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    15,505
    Post Likes

    crime statistics "they" don't want you to hear

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Ooa98FHuaU0#!

    hard to argue with the FBI's numbers
    When you're dead
    you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for others


    It's the same when you're stupid

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    12,571
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Ooa98FHuaU0#!

    hard to argue with the FBI's numbers
    Hard to compare apples and oranges too.... which is what this guy is trying to do when comparing US and English violent crime statistics.

    Apples....Oranges......
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

    WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,269
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Ooa98FHuaU0#!

    hard to argue with the FBI's numbers
    Yup...can't argue with the FBI numbers at all.....one question....if guns make us more safe.... shouldn't America be the safest country in the world?

    Another question.... y'all keep saying gun control increases crime...y'all also been sayin we have more gun control than before....so why is it that the guy in the video says crime has dropped?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    15,505
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Yup...can't argue with the FBI numbers at all.....one question....if guns make us more safe.... shouldn't America be the safest country in the world?

    Another question.... y'all keep saying gun control increases crime...y'all also been sayin we have more gun control than before....so why is it that the guy in the video says crime has dropped?
    you want to think about that for awhile, up til now we have actually had LESS gun control EXCEPT in place like NYC, Chicago and Washington DC.

    More states now allow more people to ccw, NICS checks in the last 4 weeks are the highest in history and crime is 50% of what it was 20 years ago.

    and actually, America is one of the safest in the world. WE are not even in the top THIRTY countries: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

    sorry to bust your bubble
    When you're dead
    you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for others


    It's the same when you're stupid

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,269
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

    you want to think about that for awhile, up til now we have actually had LESS gun control EXCEPT in place like NYC, Chicago and Washington DC.

    More states now allow more people to ccw, NICS checks in the last 4 weeks are the highest in history and crime is 50% of what it was 20 years ago.

    and actually, America is one of the safest in the world. WE are not even in the top THIRTY countries: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

    sorry to bust your bubble
    You didn't burst my bubble, what I said was we should be the SAFEST in the world...not second or third....but first as we are number one in the world for the amount of privately owned guns.

    If all that you said is true then people should quit their belly aching about gun laws...since we are more free than we used to be.

    What's weird is that if you use the table builder on the FBI website the numbers come out slightly different than the numbers from the video.... I guess you can dispute the FBI numbers.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    you want to think about that for awhile, up til now we have actually had LESS gun control EXCEPT in place like NYC, Chicago and Washington DC.

    More states now allow more people to ccw, NICS checks in the last 4 weeks are the highest in history and crime is 50% of what it was 20 years ago.

    and actually, America is one of the safest in the world. WE are not even in the top THIRTY countries: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

    sorry to bust your bubble
    Crime is going down because the population is aging.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    you want to think about that for awhile, up til now we have actually had LESS gun control EXCEPT in place like NYC, Chicago and Washington DC.

    More states now allow more people to ccw, NICS checks in the last 4 weeks are the highest in history and crime is 50% of what it was 20 years ago.

    and actually, America is one of the safest in the world. WE are not even in the top THIRTY countries: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

    sorry to bust your bubble
    Considering our two countries are very similar to each other it is interesting there is a 50 country difference between us in homicide rates.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,269
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post

    Considering our two countries are very similar to each other it is interesting there is a 50 country difference between us in homicide rates.
    Well one factor could be the population difference....but then again China has a very low homicide rate too and has 4 times the people we do.

    I don't get it..... it's not the population so much....it's not the video games as people from Asia are generally avid gamers...it's not the movies...or the nudity on TV....that leaves medication, our Justice system, our guns, our history, inbreeding, or greed.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Well one factor could be the population difference....but then again China has a very low homicide rate too and has 4 times the people we do.

    I don't get it..... it's not the population so much....it's not the video games as people from Asia are generally avid gamers...it's not the movies...or the nudity on TV....that leaves medication, our Justice system, our guns, our history, inbreeding, or greed.

    I would take Chinese provided statistics with a grain of salt, for that matter I would take any nations statistics with a grain of salt.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fremont, Indiana
    Posts
    2,700
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Considering our two countries are very similar to each other it is interesting there is a 50 country difference between us in homicide rates.
    Race populations and ghettos are a big factor in there!
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    15,505
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Well one factor could be the population difference....but then again China has a very low homicide rate too and has 4 times the people we do.

    I don't get it..... it's not the population so much....it's not the video games as people from Asia are generally avid gamers...it's not the movies...or the nudity on TV....that leaves medication, our Justice system, our guns, our history, inbreeding, or greed.
    and you believe the statistics coming from a closed off society? there murder rate is miniscule because execution isn't not considered murder in China.
    When you're dead
    you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for others


    It's the same when you're stupid

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    5,243
    Post Likes
    I don't know if it's in your link, but I heard this morning on the news that more people are killed in the U.S. each year with blunt instruments (Hammers and Clubs) than with rifles. I will never look at a Carpenter the same again; nor turn my back on one at a job site. I suppose I might make exceptions for those that register their claw hammers and go through an apprentice program which includes the proper use and handling of hammers and nails.
    Politicians need to changed like diapers, and for the same reason.
    (read it somewhere)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    15,505
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I don't know if it's in your link, but I heard this morning on the news that more people are killed in the U.S. each year with blunt instruments (Hammers and Clubs) than with rifles. I will never look at a Carpenter the same again; nor turn my back on one at a job site. I suppose I might make exceptions for those that register their claw hammers and go through an apprentice program which includes the proper use and handling of hammers and nails.
    you would be correct

    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...an-With-Rifles
    When you're dead
    you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for others


    It's the same when you're stupid

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech 365